DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dead batteries

Bob Sherrill

Reactions
During covid and some health issues I allowed my mavic pro batteries to fully discharge. They refuse to take a charge now. I find a number of places that repair batteries to allow them to take a charge but NONE in the USA. Does anyone know someone to restore my batteries? I have purchased two new batteries and can fly but I would really like to see if my older batteries can be repaired.

Reactions: Cafguy
Yes it is true DJI Batteries can be rebuilt BUT It will cost you only a little less than a new one. I would not send them to far away because the shipping cost will kill you. You have fallen victim to the biggest reason for the death of these DJI intelligent Batteries! After all "They say they discharge themselves- so Ill just charge them to full and throw them in the drawer"
BUT The reality is- The batteries NEVER discharge fast enough and because of this eventually you will lose some of your expected charging cycles or destroy the battery.
IF you can find someone local who is competent at doing so- Then you could get your old batteries re-built.
My advice to you:
Get new ones and research their care and feeding
Get a charger with a storage charge option and Use it
SAVE the old cases-- The mavic pro batteries are getting less and less available not long from now re-building will be the only way to get them.

Last edited:
During covid and some health issues I allowed my mavic pro batteries to fully discharge. They refuse to take a charge now. I find a number of places that repair batteries to allow them to take a charge but NONE in the USA. Does anyone know someone to restore my batteries? I have purchased two new batteries and can fly but I would really like to see if my older batteries can be repaired.
Have no fear, Young Grasshopper, for all roads lead to Ali Express where you can buy a highly dependable after-market battery for your Mavic Pro at the bargain basement price of $74 USD, which is HALF the price of a stock DJI battery for the Mavic 1 Pro, assuming you can still find such a mythical beast.

But wait, there's more, MUCH more because the Ali Express battery is a freaking monster, crazed with steroids and so bulky it protrudes an inch above the height of the stock battery when installed, thus giving your drone the imposing stance of a nightclub bouncer in a testy mood.

That battery bulk is not for nothing because the extra-capacity battery delivers a whopping 6830 mAh, as compared with the measly 3830mAh capacity of the stock DJI battery, and that extra battery power translates into over 30 minutes of flight on a single charge, during which well above 12 miles can be covered if your waypoint mission cruise speed is set to 27 mph.

The Oracle has spoken. Follow the path of wisdom, and the world will turn.

There is a way to quasi restart certain lion batts. It takes some electronic type skills and certain equipment. If you had the prerequisites, you likely would not be asking here, so the get new ones option is the best and proper advice.

Hmmm, I checked the Ali link....220 g and 10 minute gain. Their posted dimensions show the battery width is 0.25 inches....
And if I order today- Feb 6 delivery will be in April.
But, Wait.......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas