DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dealing with dji over drone replacement

It’s a small drone in a large lake that is off-limits to swimming. Even if I knew the exact location within a few feet it would be difficult to locate and retrieve. I would love to get it back if that were possible, but it really does not seem possible.

It’s a small drone in a large lake that is off-limits to swimming. Even if I knew the exact location within a few feet it would be difficult to locate and retrieve. I would love to get it back if that were possible, but it really does not seem possible.
It is not only possible, but a near certainty. The size of the lake is irrelevant to the search, since you know with relative certainty exactly where it Auto landed in the water, since your Visual Observer and you both know the last location at 17% battery, and autoland default is set to 15%, unless you changed it to 10%. How deep is the lake where it went in? Surely, boating is allowed on the lake. Get a row boat and start a search, using an underwater camera on a pole. It's right where you left it.

My advice would be to get a Mini and sell off your Air accessories to recoup some of your money. I don't think the googles will work with the Mini though and the Mini will be a step down from your Air.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Chris

i guess the effort would be worth, what, $700 odd?
comes down to wether you think its worth the effort or not.

I know. i was getting at the recovery would save him $700 as he would get his replacement. Id certainly be looking.

I know. i was getting at the recovery would save him $700 as he would get his replacement. Id certainly be looking.
Indeed! Can't imagine anyone less interested in finding his own drowned drone! He keeps making excuses, and has made no effort whatsoever to ask for help in locating it, which is usually the very first question! :rolleyes:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998