DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dealing with drone BAN in certain countries...

jojonono

Reactions
since two years it became illegal to fly any sort of drones here in the UAE (Abu Dhabi & DUbai) due to national security threats coming from neighboring countries, this includes are individuals and nearly everywhere, a small exception was flying in the desert in the middle of nowhere, but that hardly useful, a huge Fine, Prison and Deportation from the country if you were spotted flying a drone with no permit, even permits for individuals were useless, only companies with appropriate trade license were permitted to fly drones after obtaining approval from numerous entities (Aviation, ministry of defense, etc...) and unfortunately the drone filed became almost dead in the country and even clients needing drone shooting would either risk breaking the law or paying HUGE sum of money to start their own business and obtain approvals,

I used to fly my drone since 5 years ago (when people were scared even to do so) and i managed to build a portfolio, but nowadays and since am a drone pilot i keep getting clients wanting drone shoots and sadly few months ago i had to let down 10 clients just because i couldnt get the approval or the client himself insisted on an approval and official paperwork,

i went with that route and managed to find a single business owner who got the appropriate trade license and willing to help me register me under her company as her Pilot, and obtain the necessary licensing from the Aviation authority, i went through that route but sadly she wanted to bare all the costs of the aviation authority because she already paid her part and at that moment i couldnt afford 1500-3000$ and likely other obstacles in this Birocratic country as am a freelance drone pilot, can hardly find freelance jobs and cant afford that amount,,,

on the other hand i managed to learn few things and hear first hand experiences of those caught flying drones,

so here is what happens when ur spotted doing so...

Police will locate there is a drone flying with no permit on the Radar, and apparently the drone operator will be located with GPS and police will show up, request to see your paper work, ask you to leave if you dont have them, or worse...

I managed to fly stealthy and managed to stay undercover, to the point i couldnt even see my air2ss when its 3 meters away at night, my only worry is the GPS thing because i can be easily located, is there is any way to mislead the application to make it report a different GPS location ?

of course am not doing any crazy nonsense, am just flying to make a living as this is my major occupation, but its nearly impossible nowadays finding a customer who is willing to take the risk and even do I,

does anyone else have those rules in their countries and is there is a way around it to play it safe ?...

thanks,

does anyone else have those rules in their countries and is there is a way around it to play it safe ?..
Virtually every country has rules and regulations regarding airspace safety and the use of drone. Is there a way around it to play safe? Not unless you want to pay the price if you get caught.

Virtually every country has rules and regulations regarding airspace safety and the use of drone. Is there a way around it to play safe? Not unless you want to pay the price if you get caught.

I had a 4 days job with a reputed company, they got the permit and licensing, they just needed a pilot
and while i wasn't the pilot mentioned in the permit they obtained (i was just a freelancer) that was ok and no one bothered us as long as the drone was permitted to fly in the airspace + paid for $$$ to fly on those days,

but i struggled for too long to find another occassion similar to that, literlay all clients ask ME to obtain a permit, no client can get a permit, i learned a lot !

on the other hand, i tried to fly the drone from the balcony in my flat couple of months back
nothing bad happened, no one reported, no police came, no problems
here is the result:

since this rule and panalties were put like 2-3 days ago and now i feel they are easing things down, i decided to just go ahead and take the risk with clients asking me to fly without a permit, its either that, or i cant even make a living !...
i am just curious on a way to fool the police and appear from different area when flying my drone, because i cant disable the GPS in my Air 2s

not sure if my scenario applies to anyone else in some other country and if they managed to fool the system somehow...

I had a 4 days job with a reputed company, they got the permit and licensing, they just needed a pilot
and while i wasn't the pilot mentioned in the permit they obtained (i was just a freelancer) that was ok and no one bothered us as long as the drone was permitted to fly in the airspace + paid for $$$ to fly on those days,

but i struggled for too long to find another occassion similar to that, literlay all clients ask ME to obtain a permit, no client can get a permit, i learned a lot !

on the other hand, i tried to fly the drone from the balcony in my flat couple of months back
nothing bad happened, no one reported, no police came, no problems
here is the result:

since this rule and panalties were put like 2-3 days ago and now i feel they are easing things down, i decided to just go ahead and take the risk with clients asking me to fly without a permit, its either that, or i cant even make a living !...
i am just curious on a way to fool the police and appear from different area when flying my drone, because i cant disable the GPS in my Air 2s

not sure if my scenario applies to anyone else in some other country and if they managed to fool the system somehow...
Like I said, "pay the price if you get caught."

since two years it became illegal to fly any sort of drones here in the UAE (Abu Dhabi & DUbai) due to national security threats coming from neighboring countries, this includes are individuals and nearly everywhere, a small exception was flying in the desert in the middle of nowhere, but that hardly useful, a huge Fine, Prison and Deportation from the country if you were spotted flying a drone with no permit, even permits for individuals were useless, only companies with appropriate trade license were permitted to fly drones after obtaining approval from numerous entities (Aviation, ministry of defense, etc...) and unfortunately the drone filed became almost dead in the country and even clients needing drone shooting would either risk breaking the law or paying HUGE sum of money to start their own business and obtain approvals,

I used to fly my drone since 5 years ago (when people were scared even to do so) and i managed to build a portfolio, but nowadays and since am a drone pilot i keep getting clients wanting drone shoots and sadly few months ago i had to let down 10 clients just because i couldnt get the approval or the client himself insisted on an approval and official paperwork,

i went with that route and managed to find a single business owner who got the appropriate trade license and willing to help me register me under her company as her Pilot, and obtain the necessary licensing from the Aviation authority, i went through that route but sadly she wanted to bare all the costs of the aviation authority because she already paid her part and at that moment i couldnt afford 1500-3000$ and likely other obstacles in this Birocratic country as am a freelance drone pilot, can hardly find freelance jobs and cant afford that amount,,,

on the other hand i managed to learn few things and hear first hand experiences of those caught flying drones,

so here is what happens when ur spotted doing so...

Police will locate there is a drone flying with no permit on the Radar, and apparently the drone operator will be located with GPS and police will show up, request to see your paper work, ask you to leave if you dont have them, or worse...

I managed to fly stealthy and managed to stay undercover, to the point i couldnt even see my air2ss when its 3 meters away at night, my only worry is the GPS thing because i can be easily located, is there is any way to mislead the application to make it report a different GPS location ?

of course am not doing any crazy nonsense, am just flying to make a living as this is my major occupation, but its nearly impossible nowadays finding a customer who is willing to take the risk and even do I,

does anyone else have those rules in their countries and is there is a way around it to play it safe ?...

thanks,
JoJoNoNo

I read your post with much sadness, but, I too, have been very upset about the present and emerging state of negative news on flying a drone while on my foreign travels. I recently (October 23) had may Mini2 CONFISCATED at the Nairobi Airport on the way to a long planned African Safari where I only intended to record around my lodging and not on safari. Retrieving the drone from the airport on departure from the country of Kenya was 3 hours of stress with need to arrive at the airport 3 hours earlier than the normal time, going to a different terminal than my departing flight, waiting in line, paying a strange feee, etc.

As we all recognize, drones are now a common form of warfare (Israel, Iran, Ukraine, Russia). Kenya was also subjected to terrorism from a terrorism attack on a popular shopping mall with deaths involved. This, no possible way to get approval of a one in Kenya.

I was also planning a trip to Easter Island but canceled it because of their restrictive drone laws. So the country of Easter Island has lost many thousands of my tourist dollars.

My present travels ONLY include the legal ability to use a drone, and I am planning a great trip to Kyrgystan this summer.

The one way we can retaliate is to withhold tourism and our tourist dollars.

Dale
Miami

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom