DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Death of crystal sky monitor ?

The crystal sky monitor is probably gonna hang around for awhile because if you buy the UB (2,000 nit) version is more capable of using it in the brightest sunlight. And it’s able to be used as a peripheral monitor for other devices.

OK, how do you get the maps to work with your CrystalSky? All I get is a map of a city in China. I contacted Autel and they informed me that the Autel Explorer app was incompatible with the CrystalSky tablet. But obviously you have a working map. What magic did you use?

OK, how do you get the maps to work with your CrystalSky? All I get is a map of a city in China. I contacted Autel and they informed me that the Autel Explorer app was incompatible with the CrystalSky tablet. But obviously you have a working map. What magic did you use?
It comes with maps working.... DJI programming

Reactions: Porky

Check this vid out, it will show you how to download maps onto your CS. Forward to about 3.05 minutes and it’s all explained ??

Reactions: radman
One thing I have noticed on all of the Crystalsky models is that the compass in the bottom left that shows the controller orientation in relation to the aircraft is kind of dodgy at times. This occurs in all android devices to some degree, but not the the extent as it does in crystal sky, especially the 5.5 version.

I'm going to bet that there's a RTH button somewhere that doesn't require the GO4 software to be running in the controller (I'm assuming the controller runs a customized Go4, since it's an Android machine). I wonder if the screen will display some basic info if the Go4 isn't running.

The controller will support any drone that flies using Occusync 2.0 --- which, I'd assume, more and more of the DJI drones will...so I think that the multi-drone argument will fail over time.

The fact that the M2 package (M2 and smart controller) is only $100 more than the M2 drone with a 5.5" CS, tells me it's definitely competition. They are encouraging you to NOT choose a 5.5 CS, based on the pricing and packaging alone.

Lastly, I've been told (but haven't confirmed) that the Smart Controller supports bluetooth...which the current CS's don't...so that would open the door for alternate control sticks, and other peripherals. Making for interesting capabilities and additional functionality.

- Gary
I have a Smart Controller and it doesn't have any of the information on the Mavic controller screen other than what's in the GO4 app, and its just a little bit more stable than the crystal sky. It runs a 7. something vision of Android, while the CS runs a 5.something version. My Note 8 was updated the other day and it has version 9. I also noticed that DJI raised the price of the SC to $749 because of the "tariffs." This is BS because I saw on the news today that the tariffs don't take effect for a few more weeks. DJI has good products, but its BS that they only see Americans, and other countries, as a way to make maximum $. Just deal with customer service and you will see what I mean, you are basically on your own.

Autel Evo is a good alternative (although not and American company) and they will send you a free refurbished drone or one for less than $200 if you lose it and its your fault. All you have to do is ask. Try that with DJI. The Mavic Air has a well documented battery firmware issue that would make the battery show that it went from 50-60% to 0% in a split second and just land with no control. That bug was worked on and never really fixed. If you have that problem now, they will sell you a refurbished model with no controller or accessories for roughly the price of a refurbished not with everything listed on their website. I would pay double for a made in USA drone that has all of the features. DJI is a foreign invader in the USA market and I hope we slap major tariffs on them to protect American companies.

Reactions: Former Member
One thing I have noticed on all of the Crystalsky models is that the compass in the bottom left that shows the controller orientation in relation to the aircraft is kind of dodgy at times. This occurs in all android devices to some degree, but not the the extent as it does in crystal sky, especially the 5.5 version.
Yes I always wondered about that. Never found a fix, tried calibrating the monitor many times to no avail

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98