DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Debating making a larger case....ideas?

TexasRancher

Reactions
So, I prefer to carry and store my Mavic in one place, one container...but I have like, 3 I think... all too small to combine, so, I had an idea.

When I played paintball, I would make my own cases out of foam inserts. Well, now we have these cans of expanding foam and I was thinking...
Well, the attached files show the old paintball case I had(one of them heh). I also added an image of what I want to store in there, plus the laptop that is in there.

Now, I can get blocks of foam and cut it, like I used to, and make sections, or, I was thinking.. wrap some items in heavy plastic (not the drone itself.. heh) and then spray foam into the box in sections to create a more custom carry case.

What all have you all done and what works well for you?

Russ

IMG_0030.jpg IMG_0031.jpg drone3.jpg

So, I prefer to carry and store my Mavic in one place, one container...but I have like, 3 I think... all too small to combine, so, I had an idea.

When I played paintball, I would make my own cases out of foam inserts. Well, now we have these cans of expanding foam and I was thinking...
Well, the attached files show the old paintball case I had(one of them heh). I also added an image of what I want to store in there, plus the laptop that is in there.

Now, I can get blocks of foam and cut it, like I used to, and make sections, or, I was thinking.. wrap some items in heavy plastic (not the drone itself.. heh) and then spray foam into the box in sections to create a more custom carry case.

What all have you all done and what works well for you?

Russ

View attachment 28533 View attachment 28534 View attachment 28535
I use something similar for all my FPV Racing Quad crap

Not sure the size you need but Sams Club has the 20" waterproof hard case for $20 right now. I picked up a spare yesterday, they were $35. Pick & pluck foam in them. I use one for my Spark & Osmo+...

IMG_4887.jpg Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 4.28.43 PM✨.png

Not sure the size you need but Sams Club has the 20" waterproof hard case for $20 right now. I picked up a spare yesterday, they were $35. Pick & pluck foam in them. I use one for my Spark & Osmo+...

View attachment 28550 View attachment 28551

Wow, very nice! So, I need to google pick&pluck.. huh.. back when I did it, it was a solid piece and freaking a pain.. heh.. so, guess I can find an easier way ;)

Thanks!

R

Wow, very nice! So, I need to google pick&pluck.. huh.. back when I did it, it was a solid piece and freaking a pain.. heh.. so, guess I can find an easier way ;)

Thanks!

R
Sams Club Makers Mark brand makes several size cases, some with wheels, (and some for guns).
This 24" roller case has a handle and w/foam is $30 !

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 10.37.36 AM☀️.png

I have considered making a case which holds the RC unfolded with phone installed for quicker set up.case.JPG

Just found out, for those of you in New York, Sams Club is closing their locations except for one near NYC so you better get em while you can!

The case I posted above is from Harbor Freight and often goes on sale for $20.

c71ac6244a0582a4046cdaf80b683a3b.jpg

1abdbd606635c5926bffe971a0ff9c44.jpg

fcdff3bdfe8bd45fe97b2cffaf5109b3.jpg

I use a Ridgid case from Home Depot, this one has a water resistant gasket and has kept my work tools dry in the back of my truck. I used the foam from the buy more combo box and trimmed it down. The 18 inch Samsung tablet is a little overkill but it helps.
They have a few different size cases and a large one with wheels and a telescoping handle.
They all latch together if you want to stack them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard