DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Decimated New Zealand Forest (Western Springs)

HolidayNz

Reactions
Mini 2 footage of Western Springs Forest 3 months into its "Native Bush Restoration Project" The forest was closed to the public in 2018 due to concerns around safety. Many of the Monterey pines planted almost 100 years ago, were considered to be at risk of falling. After years of being closed to the public, Auckland council voted to begin the removal of around 200 pine trees, and the 'Western Springs Native Bush Restoration Project' began. More fences were put up and around the clock security patrolled the area for a number of weeks. This outraged many locals and in April 2021 four protesters were trespassed and one arrested in an attempt to stop the removal of the trees. The last of the trees were felled in May 2021.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Reactions: HolidayNz
One of my favourite places in Auckland. Love the shot at the end of the Sky Tower sinking behind the crest of the hills.

Great video! It's too bad you all had to lose those old growth trees. I'm sure with the restoration project, it will not look like that for long. Do they have an idea of caused the trees to deteriorate?

Great video! It's too bad you all had to lose those old growth trees. I'm sure with the restoration project, it will not look like that for long. Do they have an idea of caused the trees to deteriorate?
They had grown old and were not faring well and posed a risk to the public. Once the native bush has regrown the place will belightful. Western Springs park is on a field of basaltic volcanic rock and was the source of early Auckland's water supply.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada