DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Lielvirbi Manor house

Proffy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
1,175
Reactions
1,159
Age
43
Location
Web

This place has been populated from ancient times, which is indicated by Couronian ancient burial grounds not far from the manor house. The manor house was first mentioned in written documents in 1429. The first people, who, most likely, received the manor lands, were Couronian families (Gudeki and Poisi). Later the owners of Lielvirbi were German lords – Oldenbokum, Manteuffel-Zoege, Schtromberg and Firck families. In Lielvirbi Manor House from 1800 until 1802 the music teacher for baron Schtromberg’s children was violinist and priest Karl Ferdinand Amenda, a close friend of the famous composer Ludwig van Beethoven. There is evidence of letters sent by Ludwig van Beethoven to Virbi. The building complex at the centre of the manor house was formed at the end of the 18th century and at the beginning of the 19th century. The fastest development of the manor house happened during the second half of the 19th century, when in 1854 Schtromberg family sold the manor house to baron Firck. There were 28 buildings in the centre of the manor house, because the new owner had expanded his commercial activities, and was producing spirit and breeding cattle. At the end of the 19th century an English-style park was created around the lords’ house with many foreign tree plantations. Around 1875 the lords’ house was rebuilt in a historicism style according to a project made by the architect Theodore Zeiler, which acquired his education in Berlin. After the Agrarian Reform the manor house was rented at first, but then became the property of the State of Latvia. During Latvian SSR times there was a school, a library and some apartments in the lords’ house, but the farm buildings continued to serve as distillery, workshops, etc. In 1972 the school was closed. Since 1992 the manor building was slowly getting abandoned and vandalized, but the building complex was divided, privatised in parts and the owners changed many times. Since 2002 the manor house has been slowly restored – castle building, barn, laundry building and servants’ house have all been restored, the old spirit distillery, which was without a roof at some point, has also been preserved, as well as other buildings. Nowadays Lielvirbi Manor House, after the end of restoration, welcomes guests to enjoy its luxurious rooms – ballrooms and apartments of the lords’ house, as well as barn building’s hall and the cosy guest house apartments. The centre of the manor house is publicly available, if agreed upon in advance. After finishing the restoration, Lielvirbi Manor house now welcomes guests to enjoy its luxurious rooms – ballrooms and apartments of the lords’ house, as well as barn building’s hall and the cosy guest house apartments.
 

This place has been populated from ancient times, which is indicated by Couronian ancient burial grounds not far from the manor house. The manor house was first mentioned in written documents in 1429. The first people, who, most likely, received the manor lands, were Couronian families (Gudeki and Poisi). Later the owners of Lielvirbi were German lords – Oldenbokum, Manteuffel-Zoege, Schtromberg and Firck families. In Lielvirbi Manor House from 1800 until 1802 the music teacher for baron Schtromberg’s children was violinist and priest Karl Ferdinand Amenda, a close friend of the famous composer Ludwig van Beethoven. There is evidence of letters sent by Ludwig van Beethoven to Virbi. The building complex at the centre of the manor house was formed at the end of the 18th century and at the beginning of the 19th century. The fastest development of the manor house happened during the second half of the 19th century, when in 1854 Schtromberg family sold the manor house to baron Firck. There were 28 buildings in the centre of the manor house, because the new owner had expanded his commercial activities, and was producing spirit and breeding cattle. At the end of the 19th century an English-style park was created around the lords’ house with many foreign tree plantations. Around 1875 the lords’ house was rebuilt in a historicism style according to a project made by the architect Theodore Zeiler, which acquired his education in Berlin. After the Agrarian Reform the manor house was rented at first, but then became the property of the State of Latvia. During Latvian SSR times there was a school, a library and some apartments in the lords’ house, but the farm buildings continued to serve as distillery, workshops, etc. In 1972 the school was closed. Since 1992 the manor building was slowly getting abandoned and vandalized, but the building complex was divided, privatised in parts and the owners changed many times. Since 2002 the manor house has been slowly restored – castle building, barn, laundry building and servants’ house have all been restored, the old spirit distillery, which was without a roof at some point, has also been preserved, as well as other buildings. Nowadays Lielvirbi Manor House, after the end of restoration, welcomes guests to enjoy its luxurious rooms – ballrooms and apartments of the lords’ house, as well as barn building’s hall and the cosy guest house apartments. The centre of the manor house is publicly available, if agreed upon in advance. After finishing the restoration, Lielvirbi Manor house now welcomes guests to enjoy its luxurious rooms – ballrooms and apartments of the lords’ house, as well as barn building’s hall and the cosy guest house apartments.
Thanks for sharing the video and the historical notes. 🇨🇦👍
 
  • Love
Reactions: Proffy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
130,070
Messages
1,548,989
Members
159,127
Latest member
timvsouth