DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Most Beautiful Ruin In The UK?

MrWolfman

Reactions
The Most Beautiful Ruin In The UK?

Witley Court, nestled in Great Witley, Worcestershire, England, stands as a testament to grandeur despite its status as a ruined Italianate mansion. Originally commissioned by the Foleys in the seventeenth century, it replaced a former manor house. Its splendour expanded exponentially in the early nineteenth century under the visionary architect John Nash, at the behest of Thomas Foley, 3rd Baron Foley. Later, the estate passed into the hands of the Earls of Dudley, who, in the mid-19th century, embarked on a monumental reconstruction project, enlisting the expertise of Samuel Daukes. This endeavour birthed one of Victorian and Edwardian England's most magnificent palaces.

However, the Dudleys' fortunes waned, leading to the court's sale after the First World War to a Kidderminster carpet manufacturer. A devastating fire in 1937 inflicted severe damage, prompting the dispersal and sale of the estate, and the subsequent removal of its fittings and furnishings. Over four decades of neglect ensued until the house and its grounds found refuge under The Department of the Environment's guardianship in 1972. Since then, diligent restoration efforts have transformed the house into a breathtaking ruin, securing its place as a historical marvel.

Both Witley Court and the adjoining Church of St Michael and All Angels hold the distinguished Grade I listing, recognizing their architectural significance and historical importance.

#drones #dji #gopro

Although I wasn’t completely sold on your choice of transitions, I did enjoy the overall video very much. Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks for the feedback you was not alone even I was not 100% either thanks for watching really appreciated

Reactions: Dbez1

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giovi321