DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Decluttering Android device

Former Member

Reactions
I got this question from a customer and Im no Android expert, so maybe some people can chime in to help:

"I use my Android S8 for flying my Mavic Pro only. I dont use it as a phone or for answering emails. Can you tell me how I can strip the apps I dont need to fly down to barebones, so that DJI Go 4 can run faster? Im getting a little bit of lag, and I think it's because there are too many apps running on my phone."

I think he might have too much media on there as well, so any help in that area would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Reactions: ac0j
Go into setting, applications and delete the app not wanted. Go into the phones gallery and delete the media not wanted.

Chances are good that this won't speed anything up unless those apps are already running while the Go app is running.

Reactions: Former Member
On my Android Tab A tablet there is a system app that will clean up memory and optimize the tablet. Your device may have a similar app that came with it.

Do you think these steps would help reduce lag?

How to Clean App Cache on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+
  1. Open the app drawer
  2. Look for ‘Settings‘ and tap on it.
  3. Then Tap on Apps->App Manager
  4. Now, select the app you want to clear off the cache.
  5. Now tap on ‘Storage‘.
  6. And then tap on ‘CLEAR DATA‘ to clear its cache memory.
If you would like to perform this task for all installed applications, this can be done easily. Follow the below steps:

1. From home, tap on ‘Apps‘.
  2. Tap on ‘Storage‘.
  3. Select the ‘Cached Data‘ and confirm it to clear entire cache on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+.

Reactions: Mossiback
Clearing app cache won't do anything for performance, unless there's a lack of storage and too many apps have been installed/uninstalled in the past (apps still installed will just recreate their caches anyway).

There are two options for what is known as debloating. One is vastly more complicated, but is also far more effective.

First option is to disable or uninstall unused apps through the S8's own settings interface. Plenty of apps will be marked as system, and the option to uninstall or even disable them may not exist without root access.

Second option:

How to Uninstall Carrier/OEM Bloatware Without Root Access

S8 Debloat Bloatware Thread

It's probably beyond the average user, and if they go down this route they do so at their own risk.

Clearing app cache won't do anything for performance, unless there's a lack of storage and too many apps have been installed/uninstalled in the past (apps still installed will just recreate their caches anyway).

There are two options for what is known as debloating. One is vastly more complicated, but is also far more effective.

First option is to disable or uninstall unused apps through the S8's own settings interface. Plenty of apps will be marked as system, and the option to uninstall or even disable them may not exist without root access.

Second option:

How to Uninstall Carrier/OEM Bloatware Without Root Access

S8 Debloat Bloatware Thread

It's probably beyond the average user, and if they go down this route they do so at their own risk.

Is debloating one of the ways a person could decrease lag?

I got this question from a customer and Im no Android expert, so maybe some people can chime in to help:

"I use my Android S8 for flying my Mavic Pro only. I dont use it as a phone or for answering emails. Can you tell me how I can strip the apps I dont need to fly down to barebones, so that DJI Go 4 can run faster? Im getting a little bit of lag, and I think it's because there are too many apps running on my phone."

I think he might have too much media on there as well, so any help in that area would be appreciated.

Thank you!
I mentioned this previously, but check the Battery settings to be sure that Android is not monitoring GO4, sometimes GO4 behaves in a way that Android does not notice it is running, so on a bogged down system it becomes a candidate so be swapped out of memory, not good for the app.

I mentioned this previously, but check the Battery settings to be sure that Android is not monitoring GO4, sometimes GO4 behaves in a way that Android does not notice it is running, so on a bogged down system it becomes a candidate so be swapped out of memory, not good for the app.
Would this be the screen to check if Android is not monitoring GO4?

Screenshot_20180625-174841_Device%20maintenance.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada