DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Deep cycling Mavic 2 batteries

Sitka78

Reactions
According to AirData, they recommend deep cycling the batteries to 8%, letting them cool, and then give them a full charge. I have not seen anything in the operators manual mentioning this. Is this a good thing to do? I have never done this and my 3 batteries and are all at 97% capacity being almost 2 years old. I missed this somehow. What is the general thought/advice concerning this procedure? I searched the forum and wasn't able to find this.

According to AirData, they recommend deep cycling the batteries to 8%, letting them cool, and then give them a full charge. I have not seen anything in the operators manual mentioning this. Is this a good thing to do? I have never done this and my 3 batteries and are all at 97% capacity being almost 2 years old. I missed this somehow. What is the general thought/advice concerning this procedure? I searched the forum and wasn't able to find this.
My mistake, I finally found my way around the older posts and discovered that no one seems to be totally convinced that deep cycling of batteries is good, or not good, or necessary. I guess I will just focus on staying safe, washing my hands, and call it good. Sorry for the post that seems to have been beaten severely already. Sure wish someone with a great amount of wisdom concerning these types of batteries would help us all to put this thing to rest.

I had a problem with my MA batteries a few months ago (one of the cells was bad). DJI actually recommended deep cycling every 20 cycles or so. Did it do any good? Who knows!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada