DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Defective batteries?

prestonrich

Reactions
I just bought a MA2 Fly More package and have run about 6-7 flights to date. I’ve noticed after being correctly attached to the DJI charger strip and fully charged for 12-14 hrs (no battery lights showing) all 3 batteries are showing low power. Battery 1 shows 71%, battery 2 shows 83%, and battery 3 shows 68%. I have a Fresh Care subscription. What do you suggest?

Do not use the charger strip. Use the single battery charger to revive your batteries. Use the strip charger after your batteries have been charged 100% first time.

Reactions: Thomas B
How long after putting them on the charger are you checking? Is it really 12-14 hours, or have they been sitting on the charger for a few days?

There was one other post of someone having charging issues, don't know what the resolution is, but those percentages seems like batteries going through a discharge already.

What single battery charger are you referring to?
It’s the single block that comes off the power supply. I think it is where you’re plugging in the strip. Those batteries need the single charger to get them out of their hibernation.

It’s the single block that comes off the power supply. I think it is where you’re plugging in the strip. Those batteries need the single charger to get them out of their hibernation.
The OP has taken several flights and can see the percentage battery life in the batteries. They aren't in hibernation. He may have a defective charging brick, so still worth trying this, but this issue isn't the "first charge on the charger directly" thing.

Reactions: Nonprophet
I do have a small block that fits in to the strip charger, but it only has USB C sockets. How can a single battery fit into that?

The OP has taken several flights and can see the percentage battery life in the batteries. They aren't in hibernation. He may have a defective charging brick, so still worth trying this, but this issue isn't the "first charge on the charger directly" thing.

Ok.. Each battery must be charged for the first time connected directly to the charger and not the battery bank. This brings the battery out of hibernation. It only has to be done once for the very first charge.

I believe I’ve also read on here or saw a video on the subject that if the bank was used without batteries being fully charged singly they will not charge fully.. But, I have same Fly More and charged mine individually. I have no issues. Plus, be aware that batteries will discharge on their own as a safety feature if they’ve been idle several days...

I do have a small block that fits in to the strip charger, but it only has USB C sockets. How can a single battery fit into that?
Looks like this:
2D12D9CE-764E-410B-9794-E09115C2D380.jpeg

Reactions: Thomas B

is this the block you are referring to?

It turns the battery into a charging bank for your device.

I don't think you can use it to charge the MA2 battery.

That is correct. That's to be able to use the MA2 battery to power other USB devices.

However OP mentioned the FlyMore combo which comes with the charging hub where you can attach three batteries to the charger and the batteries get charged sequentially, with the battery having the highest charge state getting first dibs. You should see the battery showing the same LED charge sequence as if it was connected directly to the charger.

However, once charging is complete, they will auto-discharge after several days in the same way they were disconnected and left to themselves.

Last edited:
That is correct. That's to be able to use the MA2 battery to power other USB devices.

However OP mentioned the FlyMore combo which comes with the charging hub where you can attach three batteries to the charger and the batteries get charged sequentially, with the battery having the highest charge state getting first dibs. You should see the battery showing the same LED charge sequence as if it was connected directly to the charger.

However, once charging is complete, they will auto-discharge after several days in the same way they were disconnected and left to themselves.
If the batteries discharge over time sitting idle in the charging strip, won’t the charger come back on automatically and re-start the charging process to bring them back up to 100%?

You don't want to leave the batteries pugged on the charger for days. This will damage the battery eventually since they don't like to be 100% charged for long period without mention can be a fire hazard. LiPo batteries are no joke.

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS