DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Define Crash!!!

Tridiver

Reactions
Okay, so everyone trying to sell a drone states "Never been crashed"!! What does everyone consider a "Crash"?? Broken arms, camera etc. of a simple soft crash in a tree, or bush or hard landing with maybe say, only prop damage!! What do you think defines 'crash'??? Bolton

Okay, so everyone trying to sell a drone states "Never been crashed"!! What does everyone consider a "Crash"?? Broken arms, camera etc. of a simple soft crash in a tree, or bush or hard landing with maybe say, only prop damage!! What do you think defines 'crash'??? Bolton

ask them to send you all the flight data beforehand. Looking at their flying habits may shed some light on how the drone was treated.
A crash to me means I had to spend money to fly again. I've torn them all to bits and after a few orders on ebay, i'm back in the air. But in summary, unless it was an awesome deal and not stolen, I would opt for new, but that from someone who has taken both controller and drone completely apart; not near as entertaining as flying one.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
ask them to send you all the flight data beforehand. Looking at their flying habits may shed some light on how the drone was treated.
A crash to me means I had to spend money to fly again. I've torn them all to bits and after a few orders on ebay, i'm back in the air. But in summary, unless it was an awesome deal and not stolen, I would opt for new, but that from someone who has taken both controller and drone completely apart; not near as entertaining as flying one.

I've been building these things for roughly 10 years, I would have to say that building is a lot less stressful than flying.

As for never been crashed, it's like people selling dirt bikes and crotch rockets, "never been raced" means they haven't joined any races? Or just that they haven't ridden it like an idiot? It's all subjective. And while I think buying new is great, if there is an amazing deal on used (not like the people who think they can get $1000 for a G1 Mavic) then it's worth looking at.

A crash to me is ANYTHING that isnt a perfect soft landing. I wouldn't even think of buying a device like this used that WASNT looked over by @Thunderdrones or another reputable (name one) drone professional.
And I DEFINITELY would not buy a "refurbished" device from China. Hmm.. I know plenty have and haven't had an issue and plenty haven't had a choice when filing a claim with DJI...
im just saying.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM