DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Defining Flight Modes

-ZLV

Reactions
So I have scoured these forums looking for a listing of concise descriptions of the various Mavic Flight Modes. Am big on building cue cards for myself and those who fly with me to assist in understanding the differences in those Modes when displayed on the Screen. A matrix comparing each Mode's capability would be even better. And if you can find the page in the manual where all Modes are described TOGETHER, can you tell me the page number?

- GPS Mode
- P Mode
- Atti Mode
- Opti Mode
- Sport Mode

As obvious as some of these Modes are, from all the trouble owners appear to be having flying their birds, having such a listing would not hurt.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Vic14
For Mavic, there are only two modes(P and S).
In Program(P) mode, you can get P-GPS, P-OPTI and P-ATTI mode depends on GPS and VPS availability.
P-GPS: GPS and Vision Positioning both are available. Mavic is using GPS for positioning
P-OPTI: Vision Positioning is available but not enough GPS signal is available. Mavic is using VPS to maintain position.
P-ATTI: Neither GPS or VPS is available. It is only using barometer for positioning so only altitude is maintained.

In Sport(S) Mode: Everything same as P mode except forward obstacle sensor is turned off. Speed is also increased.

Phantom also has A mode which is ATTI mode. This is something I wish Mavic has because it will help recovering the drone in the case of TBE due to Magnetic interference.

In Program(P) mode, you can get P-GPS, P-OPTI and P-ATTI mode depends on GPS and VPS availability.
P-GPS: GPS and Vision Positioning both are available. Mavic is using GPS for positioning
P-OPTI: Vision Positioning is available but not enough GPS signal is available. Mavic is using VPS to maintain position.
P-ATTI: Neither GPS or VPS is available. It is only using barometer for positioning so only altitude is maintained.

In Sport(S) Mode: Everything same as P mode except forward obstacle sensor is turned off. Speed is also increased.

Phantom also has A mode which is ATTI mode. This is something I wish Mavic has because it will help recovering the drone in the case of TBE due to Magnetic interference.

This is very good! But why isn't in the manual?!? I spent the first two weeks with "ATTI" and "OPTI" coming up constantly and not having a clue what they meant. There is mention of them in the manual but nothing that describes what they mean, such as the above. I hope DJI pick up on this.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

Thanks for the flight mode summary. I also struggled with defending modes.

Thanks for that summary!

I just discovered the P-mode/S-mode switch... I've had the Pro for 8 months lol :D
It looks like I've been on S-mode all this time... and I figured the obstacle avoidance wasn't very good haha.

Hi, btw. This is my first post on this forum

Reactions: Dronason
Welcome to the forum, @Iced!

Reactions: Iced

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard