DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

degaussing - Fixing Compass Issue's?

Dan

Reactions
Found this russian video on a degausser (cFixer) for DJI Drones. Good Laugh, turn on CC and translate to english

but here is an English one done last week

Basically the idea is that our Mavic may become magnetized and by demagnetizing 3 different points will help with compass issues.

Ordered it, I'll see in a few weeks on how well this device works. You can find them being sold on ebay or order direct from their website
CFixer - degaussing tool for DJI drone

but realizing how the mavic can be magnetizing I remember that the controller will affect a compass and I am thinking that this maybe the cause of having to recalibrate more times then I expect too since I have the controller packed away with the Mavic while traveling in a soft camera bag.

Also while checking magnetic interference (using iPhone compass to verify), I noticed that the DroneKeeperMini that I tested here, affected the compass bearings by more then 7 degrees.
New Tile Sport Pro Review - Use to help find Lost Mavic?

So the dilemma use a device that can help you find your drone but in the same time might be the cause of why the drone became lost in the first place, hmmm ???

I decided to pull the drone keeper mini off the Mavic and use the new Tile Sport Pro (modded to remove metal bar) as this seems to have no affect on the compass testing. The stock Tile Sport Pro with the Metal Bar does have an affect on the compass, so cut it out if you use it.

Once the cFixer shows up from Russia I will try degaussing the drone keeper mini to see if this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: STROKE 01
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload