DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Denali, Alaska Panorama

Beautiful pano... wondered how long you had to wait to get the near cloudless shot. We were lucky on our trip to Alaska to be able to see and photograph Denali. You are a gifted creator and I encourage to keep up good work!! Also, thanks for sharing the "how" of your image.

Shot with a Mavic 3 Pro. 40 images, 8 AEB at 5 per position. Stitched with Lightroom, denoised with Neat Image, resharpened with Photoshop.
Sadly when casted to my Large Screen Cinema TV its just a little bigger than printer papper size. The same with on my widescreen Computer monitor. Thus none of the Resolution is showing up .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Amazing image!
Have you tried stitching with ptgui? If not, it might be worth a try. If you have tried it but decided to use LR, can you share why?

I’ve found it to be much much quicker than LR since it’s built and optimized for this task.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Sadly when casted to my Large Screen Cinema TV its just a little bigger than printer papper size. The same with on my widescreen Computer monitor. Thus none of the Resolution is showing up .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
In order to keep the image small enough to upload this is only 1920 px wide. The original is 10,619px wide :).

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Beautiful pano... wondered how long you had to wait to get the near cloudless shot. We were lucky on our trip to Alaska to be able to see and photograph Denali. You are a gifted creator and I encourage to keep up good work!! Also, thanks for sharing the "how" of your image.
thanks for the compliment. We've had a lot of cloudy days so it helps to live here LOL. It was an interesting day in that it was forecast for some sun and some clouds. I left the house at 6AM hoping to get a nice sunrise around 9AM but it was heavy clouds for much of the drive to Broad Pass. I just kept going and did get a sunrise shot but after 2hrs of driving it was still super overcast, but i knew Broad Pass might -not- be covered in clouds and I was rewarded with just that...the cloud cover occluded a bit of the mountain but it was mostly clear. Eventually things cleared up so I got some great video on the way home and i'm cutting that now....

That is stunning! You definitely have spectacular scenery!

Very nice work AK! You hung in there and it paid off. Lesson learned for all of us. Thanks.

First this is spectacular.
Our trip to Alaska included two small plane excursions, one a float plane from Ankorage to Prince William Sound (included a landing) and then a more capable twin engine Denali Air trip to the mountain itself (too cloudy to see from the ground) was well worth it. I sure most are as envious as I am for your ability to see it on those clear days. But it is cold and snowy now, and I do not have the desire I once did to subject myself to those environs.
At what elevation was the shot(s) taken?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife