DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Descent automatically slows to less than 1 mph

At the moment, what helps was to calibrate all VPS sensors using my PC what @Meta4 suggested.
I had couple of flight already since calibration and it seems fine. But still I am wondering if with another update of FW situation will repeat

Today I had again this issue. I had two flights, first one was ok, and with second one I struggled. At one point drone was descending at 0.7km/h at 83 m altitude. I guess VPS sensors were thinking it's much lower. Somehow it started to descend normally again, but the landing was really hard. Here is the log DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com and it seems VPS sensors are the problem. Is there a way to change only sensors?

I have the same problem, I've done all the calibrations and it still continues, the drone starts to descend normally at 10km/h, then drops drastically to 5k/h and then to 1km/h.. after a while it appears that it is landing at over 100 meters high! then after a while it goes back to normal, can anyone help me?
this with stick all the way down all the time
WhatsApp Image 2022-06-23 at 16.41.46.jpeg

I have the same problem, I've done all the calibrations and it still continues, the drone starts to descend normally at 10km/h, then drops drastically to 5k/h and then to 1km/h.. after a while it appears that it is landing at over 100 meters high! then after a while it goes back to normal, can anyone help me?
this with stick all the way down all the time
View attachment 150622
yeah same issue and I see many people have it, did you try reach out to dji ?

Reactions: leopcgamer2014
I sent my Mav Air 2 back into DJI due to this issue (after having done every calibration, etc.) and they sent me a new drone. Sadly, the new Mav Air 2 had the EXACT same issue. I've now sent this drone back to DJI and am awaiting another repair assessment. This seems to be a persistent issue so I'm hoping DJI will have a more robust solve.

the drone I have is a replacement. Guy got a new drone and sold it, so I guess I'm out of warranty and will have to deal with it. I tried everything, this is hardware problem for sure.

I have the exact same issue, it started in June 2022 as well. Something DJI did messed this up for everyone.
I've sent back the drone for DJI for repair. I did not update the firmware prior to the issue appearing, albeit I might have updated the Flysafe database.

(I looked at the log and just like for everybode else, VPS reports bogus data. No fog, clean sensors, tried installing latest firmware, didn't help.)

Last edited:
I have the exact same issue, it started in June 2022 as well. Something DJI did messed this up for everyone.
I've sent back the drone for DJI for repair. I did not update the firmware prior to the issue appearing, albeit I might have updated the Flysafe database.

(I looked at the log and just like for everybode else, VPS reports bogus data. No fog, clean sensors, tried installing latest firmware, didn't help.)
Anybody having any luck with this? My Air 2 started doing this after a firmware update. Now decent slows from over 3m per second down to no more than 0.3m per second if the drone is near or below takeoff altitude. Something started this and it didn't do it before. I've tried all the different flight modes and various settings. It makes the drone useless. If the drone can't fly normally below 0m altitude it's not a useful drone any longer. Is it time to purchase an alternative drone or is there a fix? It sounds like new drones are doing it too

Anybody having any luck with this? My Air 2 started doing this after a firmware update. Now decent slows from over 3m per second down to no more than 0.3m per second if the drone is near or below takeoff altitude.
Something started this and it didn't do it before. I've tried all the different flight modes and various settings. It makes the drone useless. If the drone can't fly normally below 0m altitude it's not a useful drone any longer. Is it time to purchase an alternative drone or is there a fix? It sounds like new drones are doing it too
It's not something that new drones are doing and it's not time to replace the drone.
If this is only happening at or below launch height, that usually has something to do with a problem updating the Flysafe Database.
Try updating that again and making sure that it completes properly.

My warranty was expired but I tried sending my air 2 to dji. They just gave me a new drone so clearly it's something from their side
I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion.
That seems to be DJI's or some DJI staff's quick and easy solution to a lot of things lately.

Reactions: lukehop
Anybody having any luck with this? My Air 2 started doing this after a firmware update. Now decent slows from over 3m per second down to no more than 0.3m per second if the drone is near or below takeoff altitude. Something started this and it didn't do it before. I've tried all the different flight modes and various settings. It makes the drone useless. If the drone can't fly normally below 0m altitude it's not a useful drone any longer. Is it time to purchase an alternative drone or is there a fix? It sounds like new drones are doing it too
I’m beginning to think it’s because of the cold. I flew it all summer and it was fine. Flew it in the winter inside, worked fine, and then took it outside and within 5 min it started to do this.

Happened again a couple of times.. It almost stops, starts landing(even when around 50meters up) and when you cancel landing descends at the normal speed.. No solutions yet though
That sounds like a case of the VPS sensors giving false data.
That could be easily confirmed with your recorded flight data.

That sounds like a case of the VPS sensors giving false data.
That could be easily confirmed with your recorded flight data.
How do we check our flight data? I just did all the recalibration that DJI said and it still is slowing to unusable speeds below takeoff altitude and just above it too. To be clear, my drone works normally on other regards. It's not trying to enter landing mode except when it's just above a surface to land on

How do we check our flight data? I just did all the recalibration that DJI said and it still is slowing to unusable speeds below takeoff altitude and just above it too. To be clear, my drone works normally on other regards. It's not trying to enter landing mode except when it's just above a surface to land on
If it's only happening at or close to the level of the launch point, it probably isn't the VPS data, but it's quick and easy to check and confirm.
Post the flight data from a flight where it's happened.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

I don't have a lot of confidence in the advice that some DJI support people give.
What re-calibration did they recommend?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13