DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Desperate Help needed to try locate Mavic Mini drone

Personally I don't think you need a heavier beefier more powerful drone to deal with high winds... you rather need situation awareness and preparedness.

It's like asking for a Formula 1 car after you've flipped into a ditch with a Chevrolet Spark. At some point even the Formula One car would lose its grip and spin out of control.

I hope you recover your drone. I'd split hairs to make it happen, probably sticking leaflets over the place to let the locals know of the incident, and not forgetting to remove them after they served their purpose.... small wonder you've lost your DOG dear owner if you even forget to remove your thousand flyers months after you've put them on.

Best reason to Mark Your Drone. Gives you a chance of recovery and can make use of Care Refresh if damaged. Or spend $ on a tracker.
Set RTH as Low as possible, just enough to avoid obstacles but also avoid high winds alloft. Sorry for your loss and not realizing the winds can be double at 150 ft. Try again, lesson learned.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
another question please I would like to ask is, I thought with the gps even if it lost communication where ever it landed or fell in the end it could send a signal to the satellite and update its location
GPS doesn't work like that.
The drone's GPS receiver only receives GPS data from satellites.
GPS satellites only transmit and don't receive any signal from GPS users.
If the drone is powered on and receiving GPS data and has signal connection to the controller, the app on your phone or tablet will know the position of the drone.
But without signal from the drone, no-one knows where the drone ended up.

Personally I don't think you need a heavier beefier more powerful drone to deal with high winds... you rather need situation awareness and preparedness.
The most important aspect of dealing with wind is to know what you are doing and fly appropriately.
But if you find yourself fighting a strong wind due to lack of experience and poor flight planning, and the wind is stronger than the maximum speed of your drone, the drone is going to be blown backwards and isn't coming home.
If your drone has a faster top speed than the Mini, it will be able to deal with stronger winds than the Mini can.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000