DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Device not Supported!

fowleronline

Reactions
The last time I flew my Mavic Air 2 was under GO4, on my old Android phone. When I tried to fly last year Go4 had gone and DJI had left the Google play platform... I could not get the My Fly apx file to load properly on my new phone and I gave up!
This year I tried again... and failed.
Finally, I'm on holiday and have time to play. So, I've go to this point...
I can fly with my Samsung Note 20 Ultra, wedged in the bottom of the controller at an odd angle! I could not get My Fly to work and so using a 3rd party app off Google Play it worked straight away, almost like GO4. It worked but none of the photos or videos I took have been recorded!... So I want back to trying to get My Fly to work.
The controller and the Mavic air 2 are paired and I can fly it without the phone connected.
The My Fly is a fresh download from DJI, and the firmware on the drone is up to date and refreshed on Assistant 2 just to make sure.
My Fly will load but no matter what I select, when I get to the point it asks for permission to access the drone, as soon as I press confirm, I get "Device not Supported".
My Fly seems to be running properly on my phone, but not connecting to the Mavic Air 2. (the cables are correct and the ports are clean)!
I feel I have done everything that DJI and Google and YouTube can suggest, and of course DJI support are closed.
So any advice would be appreciated, I would hate to junk a good drone just because DJI have an issue with Android!
Thanks in advance.
Martin

What is this "My Fly" you refer to ?
The Air 2 uses the fly app NOT Go4.
The fly app is available from
or

Any 'Fly apps' available in the playstore are third party. The only third party app I would use is Litchi and I don't know if thatis in the play store.

Thanks, it is the Fly app, I just mixed two tab names up when I was checking it. I've edited my post to correct my mistake, thank you.
I did get the Fly app from DJI, four times and each time it downloaded without issue and all four files are the same size. And the app seems to work fine on my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, But as soon as I plug the usb into the controller, I get an error pop up, I'll see if I can get the screenshot attached.
So, the controller can fly the Mavic Air 2 no problem without the phone. With the phone it can run a third party app and connect to the drone showing camera view etc, but I cannot get it to do it with the Fly app!
Screenshot_20240918_192842.jpg

I've just had a look at Litchi, it is in the play store and £25 to get my MA2 going again is a small price. Plus it seems to do things I wanted via DJI, but were never in the apps I used. Thanks for the heads up.

Well... I'm back in business.
My Thanks to Yorkshire_Pud for suggesting Litchi. I did some very basic checks this morning before buying it, downloading it and installing it within 10 minutes... and it worked!
Where Fly just would not talk to my drone, Litchi had no issue and worked without complaining.
I did a few tests to make sure I had confidence in it, and after several return to base triggers worked perfectly, I went out to flatten some batteries... which I did.
Nice thing is, I seem to think Litchi has rekindled my enthusiasm for flying after so much strife getting DJI to do what it was bought for.
Thanks again to all.
Martin

Where Fly just would not talk to my drone,
I would be surprised if the problem was "the app talking to the drone".
I think it is more likely that the app didn't install correctly on the phone because of features in the phone or the phone's software.
You nmight also like to read

The last time I flew my Mavic Air 2 was under GO4, on my old Android phone. When I tried to fly last year Go4 had gone and DJI had left the Google play platform... I could not get the My Fly apx file to load properly on my new phone and I gave up!
This year I tried again... and failed.
Finally, I'm on holiday and have time to play. So, I've go to this point...
I can fly with my Samsung Note 20 Ultra, wedged in the bottom of the controller at an odd angle! I could not get My Fly to work and so using a 3rd party app off Google Play it worked straight away, almost like GO4. It worked but none of the photos or videos I took have been recorded!... So I want back to trying to get My Fly to work.
The controller and the Mavic air 2 are paired and I can fly it without the phone connected.
The My Fly is a fresh download from DJI, and the firmware on the drone is up to date and refreshed on Assistant 2 just to make sure.
My Fly will load but no matter what I select, when I get to the point it asks for permission to access the drone, as soon as I press confirm, I get "Device not Supported".
My Fly seems to be running properly on my phone, but not connecting to the Mavic Air 2. (the cables are correct and the ports are clean)!
I feel I have done everything that DJI and Google and YouTube can suggest, and of course DJI support are closed.
So any advice would be appreciated, I would hate to junk a good drone just because DJI have an issue with Android!
Thanks in advance.
Martin
The lack of communication between drone and FLY app may be down to a mis-match between a recent release of DJI FLY and older firmware in the drone and controller. This is something that has cropped up in a number of different threads over the last 12 months and in pretty much every instance: the cure is to update to latest firmware.

If you don't like the idea of shoehorning the latest firmware into the drone - downgrade to an earlier version of the FLY app: the best link to older versions is APKMIRROR (post #2).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RickDan