DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Devils bridge

alex_markov

Reactions
Site
alexmarkov.eu
Very old roman's bridge over the river Arda was rebuild in 16-th century and stays till today when I finally find the time to visit it
smile.gif
beet's me but how this was a part of a major road I can't understand - the place is hard to reach and surrounded by steep slopes. But the bridge is one of a kind

Красива наистина ми харесва различните гледни точки и използването на моторни превозни средства

Beautiful i really like the different perspectives and your use of fly-by.

Reactions: alex_markov
Красива наистина ми харесва различните гледни точки и използването на моторни превозни средства

Beautiful i really like the different perspectives and your use of fly-by.

Verry, verry good Bulgarian! Thank You!

Your title is very appropriate for this time of year, cracking video;)

There are legends behind the name I found 3 different :
1. There footmark of the devil in on of the stones?
2. During Turks occupation, local Turk wants a Bulgarian woman for a wife, but she escaped in the direction to the bridge, they pursued her on horses and she decided to jump and perish instead, but the devil shows himself to the Turks and saved the girl?
3. Nobody was able to build the bridge over high (at this time water), a local builder was appointed and he made the deal with the devil if he manage to build devils face in the bridge but hard to see Devil will help with construction, Dimitar (was the name) hid the face of a Satan so it's visible only between 11 and 12 o'clock from specific angle?

I do not know which one made the name but it stays till now ;)

Reactions: Porky
There are legends behind the name I found 3 different :
1. There footmark of the devil in on of the stones?
2. During Turks occupation, local Turk wants a Bulgarian woman for a wife, but she escaped in the direction to the bridge, they pursued her on horses and she decided to jump and perish instead, but the devil shows himself to the Turks and saved the girl?
3. Nobody was able to build the bridge over high (at this time water), a local builder was appointed and he made the deal with the devil if he manage to build devils face in the bridge but hard to see Devil will help with construction, Dimitar (was the name) hid the face of a Satan so it's visible only between 11 and 12 o'clock from specific angle?

I do not know which one made the name but it stays till now ;)

Thanks for the explanation regarding the bridge very interesting. I love the history of old things & where they got their names.Thumbswayup

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation regarding the bridge very interesting. I love the history of old things & where they got their names.Thumbswayup
I Just understand there several of "those" Devil's bridges Devil's Bridge - Wikipedia our Bulgarian one is at the end of the article below the line ;)

Reactions: Porky
Thanks to Alex i will not need to visit Bulgaria as I have seen a large part of it through his eyes.
Your videos get better and better, I never miss one and this one was special.

Thanks to Alex i will not need to visit Bulgaria as I have seen a large part of it through his eyes.
Your videos get better and better, I never miss one and this one was special.

I am glad to help expand Your line of sight, for me, flying/filming/sharing are the engine for travel and seeing myself so many beautiful places, it's great You liked my efforts alongside.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661