Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Diagonal Bars

pelagic_one

Wind-Blown Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
1D8DEBC5-3503-4FD4-82B7-C154BF0F4CC3.jpeg
Wasn’t sure whether to post as DJI Fly app issue or camera hardware issue. Guessing you guys see a post about this issue every week. Since I’m very new to the Mavic community, may I please ask what this may be, and how I may get this resolved?

MM flown new yesterday; DJI Fly on iPhone 8 Plus; all firmware, app version and iOS is updated

[Mods - please re-categorize this post, as apropos.]

View attachment 89827
Wasn’t sure whether to post as DJI Fly app issue or camera hardware issue. Guessing you guys see a post about this issue every week. Since I’m very new to the Mavic community, may I please ask what this may be, and how I may get this resolved?

MM flown new yesterday; DJI Fly on iPhone 8 Plus; all firmware, app version and iOS is updated

[Mods - please re-categorize this post, as apropos.]
That is an indication of an overexposed area in your pic. You can turn off those things in your settings.

Reactions: Gindra
That setting can be disabled in DJI GO here:

DJI-GO-Over-Exposure-Setting.jpg

As @Simmo noted though, it would be better to correct the exposure if you're going to be taking photos/video as you fly.

You’re all very kind with the helpful advice. My lesson-learned is to search the forum first, and will hope others will do the same; so they’ll see all the great advice you all have already provided to countless others.

Many thanks again!

Reactions: Thomas B
Bear in mind that there will be conditions that will not allow these bars to be removed by adjusting the wheel for exposure setting as suggested by summo, that is, if the contrast of light and dark is so great, if you turn a wheel to make the bars go away, which has been suggested, that could result in the main area you are filming becoming far too dark to be of use. So turning the wheel until the bars go away does not necessarily mean you now have a correctly exposed image.

Therefore, use the bars as a guide and remember that sometimes you will have to have over exposed areas, usually in the sky, if conditions prevail that make no other choice available, if you wish to have the rest or main subject area in your frame, correctly exposed.

Reactions: pelagic_one