DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did I miss the Amazon Prime Day deal?

kbanes

Reactions
I've been to the Amazon Prime Day site, but haven't seen a DJI drone of any type. I did see a couple of knock-offs.

Did I just miss it?

You can find DJI's deals in the DJI Store or in the DJI Amazon Store. Other authorized DJI dealers have some deals too. See a complete list here.

Last edited:
Did I just miss it?

Not many great deals there. eBay still has better prices. There are a bunch of very reputable authorized dealers on eBay.

Did you mean that you didnt find ANY DJI drones on Amazon Prime? There were a bunch there.

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't see anything there that would make me pull the trigger. I think that I will wait and see what the new model reveal might be, and if it isn't interesting, this whole drone thing just might not be for me.

Reactions: Former Member
Yeah, I didn't see anything there that would make me pull the trigger. I think that I will wait and see what the new model reveal might be, and if it isn't interesting, this whole drone thing just might not be for me.

Here are the times for it:

Prime Day 2018 will kick off at 3 p.m. EST on Monday. It will continue until 3 a.m. Wednesday.

Is there a date for the reveal?
DJI has not rescheduled the event yet. I'm sure we'll see a lot of blog posts pop up when any of the attendees get an update from DJI. Stay tuned.

If you're that much on the fence I wouldn't waste your money to be honest. What would you call "interesting" compared to what's currently out there?

I am in a strange position. The engineering firm that I work for is doing some work for a power plant to perform an engineering evaluation to allow the use of an Elios drone within the power plant. While writing this evaluation, I saw a desire for the plant to want to also perform some flights outside the power plant, but they don't want to get tied up in having their people Part 107 certified. They also don't want to use the Elios drone outside, at $30,000 each.) I am trying to get my engineering firm to make a proposal to do the outside inspections for them. I would need to get certified and get some practice first. Lots of practice.(I can tell you that the type of inspections that they want are not overly complicated.)
My company is on the fence, therefore, I am on the fence.
I really want a drone, but I know in my heart that I don't need to spend a thousand bucks on a hobby. I am semi retired, but but money is not an issue. This would only be a continuation of a part-time job, but one that I think that I would enjoy.
If I KNEW that this was going to work out, I could be talked into a used Inspire. If it didn't, I might think about a Spark. The postponement of the Mavic refresh really hung me up.
If Prime day had come out with a great deal, I might have bought one and just held on to it for a few weeks while everything settled out. I might buy some batteries and sell them later if it doesn't work out (unless the prime deal is over).

Decisions, decisions...

Reactions: Former Member
I would need to get certified and get some practice first.

You should go get a Mavic Pro and practice now, not wait until the proposal is sent in. By the time it gets through, you will have alot of flight hours. If it doesnt go through, sell the Mavic and lose maybe tops $100. Small investment for a long term, money making project.

My company is on the fence, therefore, I am on the fence.

The early bird gets the worm. Start practicing now before someone else does.
I really want a drone, but I know in my heart that I don't need to spend a thousand bucks on a hobby. I am semi retired, but but money is not an issue. This would only be a continuation of a part-time job, but one that I think that I would enjoy.

Spark = $350, Mavic Pro = $799. Mavic would be a better choice for long term flying. $799 investment for a part time job is a no brainer to me.

If I KNEW that this was going to work out, I could be talked into a used Inspire.

You cant run before you learn how to walk. The Inspire is a great drone but too complicated for a newbie. A better choice would be a Mavic or Phantom 4 Pro. I am beginning to see what your issue is. Too many products to choose from. Start with a docile, small safe drone. The Inspire is a beast.

There are still GREAT deals on Mavics and P4P's out there. Just go get a Mavic Pro from a place like Costco who has a liberal return policy. You wont be sorry. Learn on it, buy Refresh and/or State Farm. If you dont get the engineering work, you can sell it or use an online placement agency to get free lance work after getting your 107.

Best of luck whatever you do.

You should go get a Mavic Pro and practice now, not wait until the proposal is sent in. By the time it gets through, you will have alot of flight hours. If it doesnt go through, sell the Mavic and lose maybe tops $100. Small investment for a long term, money making project.

The early bird gets the worm. Start practicing now before someone else does.

Spark = $350, Mavic Pro = $799. Mavic would be a better choice for long term flying. $799 investment for a part time job is a no brainer to me.

You cant run before you learn how to walk. The Inspire is a great drone but too complicated for a newbie. A better choice would be a Mavic or Phantom 4 Pro. I am beginning to see what your issue is. Too many products to choose from. Start with a docile, small safe drone. The Inspire is a beast.

There are still GREAT deals on Mavics and P4P's out there. Just go get a Mavic Pro from a place like Costco who has a liberal return policy. You wont be sorry. Learn on it, buy Refresh and/or State Farm. If you dont get the engineering work, you can sell it or use an online placement agency to get free lance work after getting your 107.

Best of luck whatever you do.

I can't argue with anything that you say. Were it not for the Mavic refresh, I would probably do that. I do have time. It would probably be three months before my company could complete the engineering evaluation to perform drone flights outside the buildings. I will probably give it 2 or 3 weeks to see what happens to the refresh.

I can't argue with anything that you say. Were it not for the Mavic refresh, I would probably do that. I do have time. It would probably be three months before my company could complete the engineering evaluation to perform drone flights outside the buildings. I will probably give it 2 or 3 weeks to see what happens to the refresh.

You mean the proposed, possibly imaginary (lol) new release Mavic 2? I would not buy one of those within the first few months. Let others get the bugs worked out. The Mavic Pro is a cheap, reliable machine that has been tested and refined with time.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS