DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did I screw up buying this tablet?

Does anyone know what android 8in tablet to get? I got the Tab A but it just laggs behind bad. Not switching to Apple. There has to be a solution out there.

I bought a Samsung S5E TM-720 for my Mavic Mini and it works very well with the controller and the Fly to Go app.
To use the tablet properly, I also bought the tablet stand for the DJI Mavic Mini controller at the DJI store.

I am very satisfied with this combination and an additional advantage is that you can also use the stand with the tablet separately from the controller on your desk.

Having done the "it won't work with Fly" thing I found that just being Android 6 or above means nothing! MANY and I do mean many companies license the software and then tweak it to work with their product. It's still Android but not Native Android and unless it's on DJI's approved list their is no way of knowing if it will load and work with Fly. Buyer beware The DJI software is VERY particular what it works with.

Reactions: LeeG
I bought a cheap $80 tablet that states it has Android 8...as you prolly know, dji fly requires Android 6 or above so I thought it would work however when I try to install fly it shows it's already installed (but on my Samsung phone).
Anyone know what I'm missing... are the specs on the tablet just not good enough?
On the Android Play Store, an app shows up as 'Installed' if it is installed on any of the your Android devices. To install it on your new tablet, make sure it is logged into your Google account, and then click on Installed and select the new tablet. It will then install it on that device as well as your original Samsung.

Does anyone know what android 8in tablet to get? I got the Tab A but it just laggs behind bad. Not switching to Apple. There has to be a solution out there.
If it's the Tab A SM-T290, you need to set the video transmission from HD to Smooth.

On the Android Play Store, an app shows up as 'Installed' if it is installed on any of the your Android devices. To install it on your new tablet, make sure it is logged into your Google account, and then click on Installed and select the new tablet. It will then install it on that device as well as your original Samsung.
When using the Google Play Store, your device will only be listed and selectable if the app is compatible with that particular device as predefined by DJI. If not, you will have to download it directly from DJI's website.

It's more complex than I thought, I finally got Fly installed but found out this tablet doesn't have magnetic sensors so no magnet will work...which I found out means I can't see which way the ac is facing in relation to me in the lower middle icon.
I'll try it out here when the sun comes up but I think that might be another deal breaker :(

Anyone has any information on the iPad as a monitor using a mavic pro.

I bought a cheap $80 tablet that states it has Android 8...as you prolly know, dji fly requires Android 6 or above so I thought it would work however when I try to install fly it shows it's already installed (but on my Samsung phone).
Anyone know what I'm missing... are the specs on the tablet just not good enough?

So, after 3 pages of this, does your tablet work?

Reactions: SXViper03
It "works" after a fresh install and selecting smooth instead of HD in prefs (I was getting too much lag).
I'm going to give it a couple more days to determine if I can get used to not having a compass (bottom middle icon showing which direction the ac is pointed doesn't work)...thanks for asking :)

It "works" after a fresh install and selecting smooth instead of HD in prefs (I was getting too much lag).
I'm going to give it a couple more days to determine if I can get used to not having a compass (bottom middle icon showing which direction the ac is pointed doesn't work)...thanks for asking :)

Screen nice and bright for outdoors?

Definitely a mark on the pros side (as opposed to the cons side) ?

I sent my T290 back and got the T307...so far I'm quite happy, but have had limited stick time.
Let us know how it goes. I have been trying to find a workable tablet for weeks. I would like an 8" tablet that can use HD definition (1080) and not smooth (720). Thanks

Flew my mp on my new iPad works great but it started off as a new app on flight time as it was on my iPhone 6 had 12 hours but the iPad showed only one flight why?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190