DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did I screw up buying this tablet?

I bought a cheap $80 tablet that states it has Android 8...as you prolly know, dji fly requires Android 6 or above so I thought it would work however when I try to install fly it shows it's already installed (but on my Samsung phone).
Anyone know what I'm missing... are the specs on the tablet just not good enough?
I started with a Samsung S7. The charge settings are normal and high for the phone. When attached to any usb the phone will charge. The controller will "pour the juice" to the phone and after a few minutes, even with normal charge setting, the phone will disconnect from the controller, no warnings or notifications. Epic Fail on Androids.
I bought a ipad (costly but cheaper than a new drone) and been having no problems and a much better experience.

I started with a Samsung S7. The charge settings are normal and high for the phone. When attached to any usb the phone will charge. The controller will "pour the juice" to the phone and after a few minutes, even with normal charge setting, the phone will disconnect from the controller, no warnings or notifications. Epic Fail on Androids.
I bought a ipad (costly but cheaper than a new drone) and been having no problems and a much better experience.

I've tried several different Android devices and yes the controller charges the devices but I have not any disconnects at all.

Results with an Android pad may vary but my S7 phone is a no go for sure. Controller still flies the bird but application on the phone is disconnected due to overheat.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi