DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did not see these Canadian Geese

Thank you sir..... i guess i need a new prescription for the eyeglasses !

To be back to the initial post - I do not think that you endangered the birds, see this thread ttps://mavicpilots.com/threads/bird-migration-any-danger.28053/#post-323113

I love seeing these films of wildlife, however, I do hate the permanently outraged virtue-signallers that these threads attract.

I wish this forum had a self-righteous filter!

Reactions: Riteguy
Just throwing this out there.. all I saw was "they were sick and tired of the Americans". I doubt that comment was actually needed.

These "Americans" contribute a lot in many ways. How about we just say they were headed back home and leave it at that.

Again, not trying to be rude.. I am a noob here, but if that is the sort of attitude, I am more than happy to find an "American" place to read and post.

R

Reactions: Riteguy and Rnl
Gotcha.. no huge deal, it is the interwebs.. heh.. but seemed to me to be something to call out.. heh

On topic.. awesome video.. loved it ;)

R

This thread reminds me of a show that my parents used to make me watch back in the late 60’s or 70’s.

It was called Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom.

These guys would routinely take a Bell 47 helicopter and buzz the crap out of a bunch of animals, whether it was deer or elk or whatever. All you could see was legs and fur flying everywhere as the animals ran for their lives-scared crapless.

And it was all in the name of science.

Man how times have changed.

And for the OP-the video was awesome!

Wilkie

This thread reminds me of a show that my parents used to make me watch back in the late 60’s or 70’s.

It was called Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom.

These guys would routinely take a Bell 47 helicopter and buzz the crap out of a bunch of animals, whether it was deer or elk or whatever. All you could see was legs and fur flying everywhere as the animals ran for their lives-scared crapless.

And it was all in the name of science.

Man how times have changed.

And for the OP-the video was awesome!

Wilkie

That stirs up some very old memories of Marlin Perkins torturing animals all over the world. Good times... Good times...

Reactions: Rnl
And people can now see that drones do scare animals. They changed thier path immediately and flew away. I know you didn't do it intentionally, but there are people that think animals don't care about a noisey drone. Well. They do.

Like flying real aircraft, it's so hard to spot a fixed wing plane below the horizon. With a rotary it is very easy, so I can see how they were not seen on a 4 or 5 inch screen. He'll I missed a power line and only after watched the video seen that it actually got grazed.. drone kept flying. Thankfully, it was over a river.
How can you possibly know that the drone scared the geese? They saw something unfamiliar and chose to take a different path. That doesn't mean they were scared! The drone has just as much right to be in the air as the geese do. Some people are so ulta-sensitive to nearly everything.

Reactions: BikerBuster
Not complaining, just say'n.....they were not actually Canadian Geese, the are Canada Geese.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk