DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did not see these Canadian Geese

Wow! Pretty cool! At least they didn't get too close.

And people can now see that drones do scare animals. They changed thier path immediately and flew away. I know you didn't do it intentionally, but there are people that think animals don't care about a noisey drone. Well. They do.

Like flying real aircraft, it's so hard to spot a fixed wing plane below the horizon. With a rotary it is very easy, so I can see how they were not seen on a 4 or 5 inch screen. He'll I missed a power line and only after watched the video seen that it actually got grazed.. drone kept flying. Thankfully, it was over a river.

Changed their direction? Like you know where they where headed, I need you in my ground blind.

Reactions: BmrUpInTheSky
You know, mr Anol Gopher, before you start attacking people, get your facts straight [emoji6].
I said that I Saw a lot of birds ( from the ground). When I see any birds now, I make sure the drone is as far from them as I can get it, and I lower altitude as safe as possible for all around. I’m in tune to what’s flying around in the skies more than I was before I started this hobby years ago.

Last edited:
Umm nope you said "
I flew this morning too and saw tons of geese
emoji15.png

#4 MichiganMavic, Yesterday at 7:55 PM

And you were not the OP that my message was to,
Also it was not an attack on you, becuase the person the message was directed to, AND it was not an attack on anyone.

LOOK At MY wording, " I know you didn't do it intentionally, but there are people that think animals don't care about a noisey drone"

THis reference is to OTHER people, look around on the forum, you will see many people intentionally fly over a swan in the water, like 5 feet above it, and dont think it will bother the bird.

I CLEARLY STATE that I understand that it is UNDERSTANDABLE HOW IT HAPPENED, being that the birds ( Even made a joke they are like fixed wing planes) when they are below the horizon they are hard to see.

OH WAIT.. I re read the other post i made.... you were upset that the bird didn't like the Americans? Dude lighten up, you cant see the humor in that? They were flying back, they do this every year.... thats why its funny, OH Never mind, Maybe they do not teach about migratory birds in classes in the US? I have never been to one of your schools, maybe you can enlighten me?

I am really confused why you are so angry? did you think becuase I made a post after yours that my comment was directed to you?
No, many people write on these forums, order doesnt matter.

AHhh the good ol internet "people"

....... I am really confused why you are so angry? did you think becuase I made a post after yours that my comment was directed to you?

I'm going to throw out a guess here as to what fueled this awkward discussion. I have no dog in this fight, and really don't care how this plays out... Your initial comment - as sooo many people do here and on other forums, came from a place of, "There's a lesson we can all learn here." But, no one is in this particular thread to learn about the affects of drones on wildlife. We just clicked in to see the pretty birds. It did feel out of place and off topic. We are all free to post whatever we want, but context plays a role in whether or not such comments should be made.

Again, no one here is discussing the affects of drones on wildlife. Although, that would be a worthy discussion! I will admit, when I hit your earliest post here, it stopped me in my tracks - and sure enough, the original intent and topic of this thread got completely derailed. Ergo, it was a troll comment.

Being schooled in the US, they only taught us about the migration patterns of unladen swallows.

I can scroll up and see what I typed, so yes I know what I said. I was trying to make it clear that I was flying and I saw the birds with my eyes, not the screen.
It was the way I took your post as if everyone tries to bother wildlife, and America was not a good place.
If I wanted to hear a lecture, I’d go back to college. I’m just tired of going through a forum and reading things that have nothing to do with the topic.
Back to the topic...

Gopher I film deer all the time, geese, coyotes, can show plenty of film that would show they aren't scared more curious than anything, so believe what you want.

When it comes to the animals, I think being curious, or running has a lot to do with where they are on the food chain [emoji848].
My neighbors dogs chase his drone around the yard.[emoji38]

Reactions: Riteguy
A correction, the birds were Canada geese. As camera was pointing east towards rising sun, you can see the Canada geese were flying south. The video may be showing Canada geese migrating south this time of year. Therefore you could say Canadian Canada geese were in the video. Then again, I say to may toe, you say to mah toe, let's call the whole thing off.

Umm nope you said "
I flew this morning too and saw tons of geese
emoji15.png

#4 MichiganMavic, Yesterday at 7:55 PM

And you were not the OP that my message was to,
Also it was not an attack on you, becuase the person the message was directed to, AND it was not an attack on anyone.

LOOK At MY wording, " I know you didn't do it intentionally, but there are people that think animals don't care about a noisey drone"

THis reference is to OTHER people, look around on the forum, you will see many people intentionally fly over a swan in the water, like 5 feet above it, and dont think it will bother the bird.

I CLEARLY STATE that I understand that it is UNDERSTANDABLE HOW IT HAPPENED, being that the birds ( Even made a joke they are like fixed wing planes) when they are below the horizon they are hard to see.

OH WAIT.. I re read the other post i made.... you were upset that the bird didn't like the Americans? Dude lighten up, you cant see the humor in that? They were flying back, they do this every year.... thats why its funny, OH Never mind, Maybe they do not teach about migratory birds in classes in the US? I have never been to one of your schools, maybe you can enlighten me?

I am really confused why you are so angry? did you think becuase I made a post after yours that my comment was directed to you?

Holy drama queen.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925