DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did somebody say, "idiot?? '

Like a fool yesterday, I had a belly full of beer and then decided to climb a ladder onto the roof (uh oh) and then attempted to fly my MP in the neighborhood.
I didn't get 20 feet before I got all tangled up in a pear tree's leafless branches that I couldnt see because it was at sunset...
It fell to the ground... About 15 feet up onto some (thankfully) plush grass...
It had a broken prop.. I replaced all 4, of course. Visually everything looked great and this morning at work I tried to fly it at 5 am and it seemed fine... I got a "not enough light" warning but that's to be expected.
I'll fly it this afternoon but I'm hoping everything is good. I've definitely learned my lesson.
This sounds like an upcoming eps of "live PD" on youtube lol i can already see the title "man fell off roof while being tazed after flying mavic into squad car lol

Note to self: I need to fly with @OJsakila . Sound like he knows how to have fun. :)

I have considered flying the Mavic after throwing back a few , but thank goodness I get sidetracked easily and that has given me time to consider what could go wrong. I have ridden my electric skateboard at 22 MPH after imbibing. It was a blast and I have great balance so that helped matters.
Everybody that knocks a few back then decides to operate a piece of equipment knows that they're not like the others. ;)

Reactions: BD0G
If I had a house like that sitting out on a marsh I build a helipad on the roof next to my rooftop deck and lay in the hammock and fly all day!! Looks like palm trees are below the roof line.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair