DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did you remove the props after flying?

This works pretty good.http://www.walmart.com/ip/CASEMATIX-Rugged-Hard-Case-Compatible-with-DJI-Mavic-Pro-2-Drone-DJI-Mavic-2-Zoom-and-Accessories-2018-Green-Includes-CASE-ONLY/613480113

My drone has it's own repurposed cabinet space with props left on and legs extended. I only remove the battery and put it away until the next flight.

Reactions: zeusfl
My drone has it's own repurposed cabinet space with props left on and legs extended. I only remove the battery and put it away until the next flight.
Currently, mine is sitting on a piece of plywood balanced on the top of my desktop computer! Props ON. That's where I last used it attached by usb to the computer.

I leave them on my MA. My hard case fits everything perfectly. No stress.
I do check the props during my preflight.
Good question though.

I never remove but when I put the mavic or MA in the case I put it in upside down which makes insertion and removal much easier. This depends on what the case is like but works with mine. My spark just gets tossed in a very small carry case as that is my disposable drone.

I leave them on. I have a case for my M2Z and it fits well with them on. I would be more concerned about not putting them on properly each time. Leaving them on removes that variable. I do check them before each flight, however.

I leave them on. I have a case for my M2Z and it fits well with them on. I would be more concerned about not putting them on properly each time. Leaving them on removes that variable. I do check them before each flight, however.
Even removing them to look for a fatigued or cracked pro securing tab?

I had it once on my MPP and once on my M2P. Both with DJI props. Just hate to see a preventable crash for anyone. Stupid me... took twice to drive the lesson home

No way!

Ive gotten so spoiled by my M2Zoom and id even have to include the old Spark. I got a hard case for each, and the props fall right into a little nook on the bottom, the top props stay put pretty well from the pressure of the foam inside the upper lid pressing down on the upper props.

My preference is to leave them installed, but to carefully protect them with a prop guard when I store the drone.

I worry more about the risk of an unsecured prop coming off in flight than the risk of a slightly distorted prop. And I haven't noticed any distortion to date.
YES! Im way more concerned with this which would result in a virtual freefall crash. I suppose its possible for one of those props to become unattached somehow? But they do seem to feel sturdy when I check em. However, a slightly bent prop wont cost much to remedy and it may be possible to just gently and slowly over time cause some sort of failure there?

Reactions: zeusfl
We leave the Props on both the Phantom and the Mavics .

They are already a little bit loose and the more times you take them on and off they tend to get looser and the clips wear , not to mention how many times you twist the wrong way, yes that happens.

Even when you check them you can twist to hard and loosen them .

There have been enough Posts about props flying off at the start of a flight so we recommend the Mavic Wet Suit Prop Covers to secure them on tightly. Tightened Props increase your chances of a more secure flight.

Not having to worry about your Props priceless. ;)

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavics in the Rain.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini