DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Different hardware inside Air 2S CE or FCC?

blackbirdsr72

Reactions
Hello! Does anybody know if the Air 2S is different hardware-wise between region-based releases? Like the Original Mini had hardware difference affecting range depending on regions. So is the Air 2S CE & FCC differ at the hardware level or not?

DJI Specs indicate it is a single model - so would be same hardware. That makes the most sense because the Air 2 (and all the other Mavic series drones (except the original Mini) has a single version that switches based on GPS.

Reactions: blackbirdsr72
Thanks z28lt1. This was what I assumed as well but was skeptical nonetheless. Largely due to the Original Mini's heinous range & signal interference issues in my region.

Thanks z28lt1. This was what I assumed as well but was skeptical nonetheless. Largely due to the Original Mini's heinous range & signal interference issues in my region.

Identical hardware, controlled from software. Here’s a test i did with the two modes behind lots of trees:

Reactions: blackbirdsr72
Regarding the Modified FCC app, we have everything you need to get you going right here, a thread on this forum full of people happy to vouch for me:

One thing to be very cautious of is anyone providing the app 'signed'.
This is against Apples Ts and Cs, so while it might be simpler in the short term, it could well bite you later on.
Apple have, and will, terminate the developer accounts of anyone found to be doing this.

My solution is to arrange app signing yourself, it's really very simple, and much safer in the long term.

Fell free to drop me a PM if you have any question.

Regarding the Modified FCC app, we have everything you need to get you going right here, a thread on this forum full of people happy to vouch for me:

This is against Apples Ts and Cs, so while it might be simpler in the short term, it could well bite you later on.
Apple have, and will, terminate the developer accounts of anyone found to be doing this.

My solution is to arrange app signing yourself, it's really very simple, and much safer in the long term.

I'd like to know more about this - I clicked your link and got...

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Last edited:

That's great to know but I will be using an Android Phone or a powerful tab. Thanks for the heads up!

I'd like to know more about this - I clicked your link and got...

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
In your account settings you have to enable the option to allow access to the software mod forum mate.

Reactions: pommy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15