DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Difficult final questions about: Pro Platinum or Air?

Either get the Mavic Pro or wait for the Mavic Pro II, which will probably be even MORE expensive, and who knows WHEN you'll realistically be able to get one of those for certain. There will always be a newer/better option coming along someday.

Here's my logic as to why: The only reason to get the Mavic Air would be to save yourself $300. The Pro is better in virtually every way with maybe the exception of a more exposed/fragile gimbal. (The gimbal is not that hard to repair, replace, or Refresh, or Insurance, + you may not ever crash it bad enough to damage it - I haven't in over a year)

So if it boils down to saving a few hundred dollars, ask yourself: How big of an impact will a few hundred bucks make on your life in the grand scheme of things?

Let's assume you'll be flying this drone for at least the next year. What sounds more likely:

A) You get the Air and spend the next year thinking: "I got a good drone, there is only ONE better drone, but I saved $300 and that feels good! I'm really glad I have that extra $300 now."

OR B) "I got the very best drone money could buy (for me). There's no other drone I want more. But ****, I sure wish I hadn't spend that $300 - I really need it right now."

My guess is, once you've bought the drone, you won't spend any time thinking about the money you spent or saved, but you WILL spend time constantly comparing it to other drones you could have bought instead, or that you'd still like to buy someday. You will probably think about this every time you fly.

I almost bought the Phantom 3 before I bought the Mavic for $1000, just to save $400. There's not a day that goes by when I don't think, "THANK GOD" I decided to get what I really wanted! I've never thought once about the extra $400 I spent.

Just my 2 cents.
I LOVE my mavic and my DJI goggles. I still fly 2-3 times per week every week after a year of ownership. And I still spend way too much time on this silly forum just to be around other nerds like me.

Reactions: JMF and wytnyt
depends there is a video showing that Enhanced Wifi has quite good signal strenght and stability compared too OcuSync. any comment on it?

video:
i dont have the MA so i cant say,i can say biased reviewers will say things that are far fetched in the mainstream of real life.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143