DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Difficulty Removing Air 2S Battery

CorralesDan

Reactions
I’ve had my Air 2S for only a couple of weeks with only a half dozen flights or so. Now I’m having trouble removing the battery. It installs with no problems and the flights are fine. However, when I press the tabs on the sides of the battery it won’t come out. I’ve tried letting the drone and battery cool off and it’s still hard to get it out. It will eventually pop out, but I don’t know why it won’t when I first press the side tabs.

Any thoughts?

You need to check for swelling of the battery both on the top an bottom.
Best Practice for getting the battery out is to fold up 1 leg grab firmly and wiggle it out dont pull up.

Stay on top of this , because doomsday is near if it pops while your flying.
This is why we make the all the hype about the Air Tight Seal on the Wet Suit so that battery if it does start to swell does not disconnect in mid air.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain.

If it's swelling this early, I'd contemplate sending it back. I've had mine for a year and a half and they come out easily. DJI should at least replace the batteries.

Reactions: hiflyer201
You need to check for swelling of the battery both on the top an bottom.
Best Practice for getting the battery out is to fold up 1 leg grab firmly and wiggle it out dont pull up.

Stay on top of this , because doomsday is near if it pops while your flying.
This is why we make the all the hype about the Air Tight Seal on the Wet Suit so that battery if it does start to swell does not disconnect in mid air.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain.
Phantom, I can't see any swelling at all on any of the batteries. However, your suggestion with folding one leg and wiggling made all the difference in the world. I don't think the issue was in the batteries, but in my technique using with my 76-year-old fingers. I would consider one of your wet suits but here in New Mexico we only get 9 inches of rain a year and that's on a good year. Thanks for your good work and valuable advice.

Place it on a flat surface soon after flying. If it rocks its swelling. In the early stages they flatten out when cool.
Do you only have one battery? In any case I would send it back to DJI as Marc said.

Place it on a flat surface soon after flying. If it rocks its swelling. In the early stages they flatten out when cool.
Do you only have one battery? In any case I would send it back to DJI as Marc said.
Thanks, hiflyer. I have three from the combo and I think it was my weaker 76 year old fingers. Phantom gave me some good advice using a closed lower leg for leverage and that has made a big difference.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato