DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Digital zoom for MP2 ?

crfd

Reactions
When is DJI going to add digital zoom to the Mavic Pro 2? They can do it on the Mavic Air 2?? They should consider their customers investments. what do you think about this?

Last edited:
Reactions: zeusfl
I think they will only add digital zoom for future drones that use DJI Fly.
They will shelve the DJI Go4 platform for developing new features very soon, if they haven't already done so.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
If you mean the Mavic 2 Pro, then you probably won't see a digital zoom added to the existing firmware - DJI traded off zoom for a better over-all camera. The M2P has a higher pixel count than the Zoom (20MP versus 12MP), larger image size, and includes more info in the image (10-bit Dlog-M color profile for example).

As a result, most people (including DJI) just recommend doing a digital crop through your favorite photo editing software like Photoshop or GIMP to 'zoom in' on particular subjects since the quality of the image is higher.

For video, you have 4K Lossless Crop which is approximately a 1.4X lossless zoom.

Reference: DJI Mavic 2 Pro VS Mavic 2 Zoom: The Ultimate Comparison | MyFirstDrone

I was thinking digital zoom real-time would be a great enhancement. It’s too bad DJI is behaving this way. Customers make a large investment only to experience minimal improvements in the first 1-2 years. Devices this expensive should have a longer life and be improved in that time frame

I was thinking digital zoom real-time would be a great enhancement. It’s too bad DJI is behaving this way. Customers make a large investment only to experience minimal improvements in the first 1-2 years. Devices this expensive should have a longer life and be improved in that time frame

That's not DJI's business model. They would much rather we purchase a new UAS every 2 years or less.

Reactions: Jimm
That's not DJI's business model. They would much rather we purchase a new UAS every 2 years or less.

Just like every other company. This is why I scour eBay and local classifieds for people selling their Sparks. I got enough parts and accessories to last me another 5-10 years. :D

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet