DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dilemma with Drone Aviator Hood

Rchawks

Reactions
I ordered a Sunhood to use with my MA2, what I'm using is a PGYTECH mount which is not up to the task. I didn't think the weight would be an issue, but the mount can't hold it level. I'm using a ipad mini btw. Suggestions?

I ended up cutting a dense piece of foam for temporary support. iPhone died this morning so the ipad mini is my only choice now. I really wanted to like the Drone Aviator Hood.:( What mount are you using for you Aviator Hood?

Last edited:
Any hood also severely limits the ability to interact with the touch screen, which DJI has made essential. What you really need is shade. Find it, or carry a large umbrella!

This one comes with an "air conditioned ceiling".... ??

Maybe you could replace the "second" umbrella with a small solar panel hooked up to your battery charger ? - that way you would always have fresh batteries :D

You know it occurred to me to maybe try a desert hat like the French army ? But I found unless you have your face against the face piece there’s still glare. Oh I fly VLOS anyway so I’ll sent it back. Wonderful advice though.:rolleyes: Lol

Reactions: mereflyer
Thing is plastic threads. I know from experience that plastic threads just doesn't hold up well with being tighten cycle after cycle. This is the dilemma all these manufactures feel the need to use plastic nuts for something where metal should be used on both surfaces.:rolleyes:

Not very useful in the wind, unless you don't mind having your head blown around! ?
The dork factor is also off the charts! Not the best way to fly discreetly!
True, but on windy, hot days you have a breeze to help cool you. I would use this for the oppressively hot days when there was no breath of air moving and the high dork factor would probably help keep watchers from bothering us. ? ;)

True, but on windy, hot days you have a breeze to help cool you. I would use this for the oppressively hot days when there was no breath of air moving and the high dork factor would probably help keep watchers from bothering us. ? ;)
Truth be told, I actually bought one of those crazy devices and tried it out. Very uncomfortable and not very practical. A large golf umbrella over the shoulder is far better, and gives more privacy, and can be used to provide shade from any direction, including horizontal, where the head mounted umbrella fails.

Reactions: Rchawks
Do what I did tho, it's not my best video yet easy to make with most items from a craft store-
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

• Wow
That's what I'm talking about. Thank you for solving my problem. I just couldn't see spending more money on a mount that still has plastic fittings.:)Thumbswayup

Reactions: jag32266
Fixed my problem with. simple solution so I can still use this heavy contraption I bought. I can't see using this much, just for special times when needed.IMG_0611.JPGIMG_0609.JPGIMG_0609.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0612.JPG
    IMG_0612.JPG
    857 KB · Views: 2
Btw, the wife got tired of me complaining about the GLARE on the screen even though I use the shade I built (see above) and she got me a smaller version of that umbrella hat. Tried it. Felt stupid as ****. But, oddly enough it really cuts down on the glare of the sky on my tablet. Just sayin'..

Btw, the wife got tired of me complaining about the GLARE on the screen even though I use the shade I built (see above) and she got me a smaller version of that umbrella hat. Tried it. Felt stupid as ****. But, oddly enough it really cuts down on the glare of the sky on my tablet. Just sayin'..
Just like any large sombrero or gardening hat. Be prepared to be asked what you charge for mowing the lawn! ;)

• Haha
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gyved