DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Direction indicator

Fergy

Reactions
G'day,
The directional indicator at bottom center of screen did not appear on this mornings flight, any thoughts on how to get this to back or why this happened.

thanks
fergy

Have you tried calibrating your phones compass. The excellent app I use for this is GPS Status and Toolbox (android) on the play store. Some Galaxy phones are really bad at holding their compass calibration. My old Galaxy S7 is one of them. My S10 no problems

Reactions: Fergy and dawgpilot
Thanks not sure how to calibrate compass, I use a IOS mini 4, I am not overly concerned it may only be a glitch I will see if it occurs on my next flight.

Thanks not sure how to calibrate compass, I use a IOS mini 4, I am not overly concerned it may only be a glitch I will see if it occurs on my next flight.

Is your map box in the lower left minimized?

If the map is medium size, the directional icon disappears.

When you minimize the map, the icon returns.

Thanks, I am referring to the Directional/Radar indicator in the bottom centre of the screen, not the map.

The app I mentioned may be on the apple apps site. It should run on all IOS devices. It is very easy. Once loaded, tap on the setting icon (on android it is in the upper left,) and tap on compass calibrate. Very quick. Also has some other nice functions but I mainly calibrate compass. Compass calibration can also be done through google maps, but not as intuitive as the app.

Good luck and happy flying

Reactions: Fergy
Thanks, I am referring to the Directional/Radar indicator in the bottom centre of the screen, not the map.

I know.

You said it was missing.

I told you why it may be missing and how to get it back.

I checked with my mini4 and that is what happens on mine.

49680E64-6E45-4F36-B81A-338994862365.jpeg

D8F12961-FB43-4F91-8CF4-2A67547D59C3.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks all clear now, a picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks.

I noticed the same thing as well. Quickly figured it out on my own. But the compass is always off to the left on my Galaxy S9+. Calibrating does not seem to help at all. Therefore I only use the map for orientation.

Reactions: MA2 317
I’ve tried everything, including the figure eight rotation of the controller but nothing seems to work consistently for my non-cellular Mini 5. I use it when it’s working and default to the map when it goes wacky. The map always works and gives me a direct line back to my location every time.

I’ve tried everything, including the figure eight rotation of the controller but nothing seems to work consistently for my non-cellular Mini 5. I use it when it’s working and default to the map when it goes wacky. The map always works and gives me a direct line back to my location every time.
I fly a mini4 and have the same results.

The Fly map itself works fine but the directional indicator may be wonky.

I have found that if I open the Apple map app on the device to wake up or refresh the internal compass before using the Fly app, the indicator seems to work better once the Fly app is open.

I don't use the indicator much as I use the map display when flying.

I couldn't find any procedure on calibrating the compass other than a toggle switch to turn ON/OFF Compass Calibration on the mini4.

AF089DA4-C19E-4CFF-AFDA-14BD078BEE2B.jpeg

Reactions: Laborous
Great answer mine disappeared I should get it back now Thanks

Reactions: MA2 317
G'day,
The directional indicator at bottom center of screen did not appear on this mornings flight, any thoughts on how to get this to back or why this happened.

thanks
fergy
there was a firmware update to DJIFly that moved the indicator to inside the map box

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone