DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disable Mavic Mini Controller beeping

YellowJacket

Reactions
Please can somebody figure out a way to permanently mute the controller. All it does is it makes people feel anxious and attract unwanted attention.

Reactions: OneQuickSix
dismantle the RC and remove the speaker.... or try like the 1st Mavic during RTH just press the power button and the beeping stopped. I hardly ever do the RTH unless i full on loose sight of the drone. which is rare if you fly in VLOS

Reactions: Mini6ix
it beeps for one reason only safety, when you are on a RTH you are not flying the drone it is in auto mode ,and unless you decide to cancel RTH or make an input into the controller then it is going to carry on doing its thing and come down and land,so as annoying as it is it lets you ,and maybe others nearby, who may be flying their own drone that a drone is coming home thats all it is

The thing is, it also incessantly beeps (loudly) when the battery hits 20% ... regardless of whether or not the Drone is 10 feet or a 100 feet away. Also, RTH also kicks in when you lose signal ... definitely a good thing, but I could do with one (or heh, I'm feeling generous ... maybe two) beep(s), but the non-stop obnoxiously loud beeping is ridiculous in these situations especially.

as annoying as it seems as i said before it is a safeguard warning it alerts you of what is happening ,so you are aware, its better than having the drone fall out of the sky, because the battery was fully discharged

Reactions: shaneb50
One day after flying my Phantom-3 Pro way out in the wilderness, I had it all packed away in my backpack and was hiking out when I kept hearing what sounded like a truck backing up far away, beep, beep, beep...

Why is there a truck reversing way out here in the middle of nowhere?

Turns out I'd forgotten to switch off my transmitter and after a certain amount of time it started beeping to let me know. It sounded muffled and far away only because it was buried in the bottom of my backpack. Ha!

The RTH beep isn't a big deal for me, it's the beeping below 20% - it's a good feature to beep in order to draw attention to it, but not forever. Either beep for a few seconds as a notification or let me mute it with a button press.

I wouldn’t want to mute it but it would be nice to be able to change it to a less of an alarm customized and lower volume would be good... the beep lets me know the rth is in action if it was muted I would want some indication that it was initiated properly mabye flashing of a battery light on controller

Reactions: FlyoverDRN
I need help, controller beeping on charger for 2 days. I hold the on off switch but leds keep flashing. Mavic mini only a few.months old.

Cover the speaker with a masking tape?
It's not a terrible idea, and has been mentioned a number of times before (among other modifications to the speaker/piezo device, including but not limited to removing it). I've been tempted, but hate to crack open the controller. I'm still (sort of) holding out hope that DJI might come to their senses on this one sometime in the near future.

Honestly haven't used my Mini in a while ... not that the Air 2 is a whole lot better in that department, and you can't shut it up either. :(

It's not a terrible idea, and has been mentioned a number of times before (among other modifications to the speaker/piezo device, including but not limited to removing it). I've been tempted, but hate to crack open the controller. I'm still (sort of) holding out hope that DJI might come to their senses on this one sometime in the near future.

Honestly haven't used my Mini in a while ... not that the Air 2 is a whole lot better in that department, and you can't shut it up either. :(
I haven't touched my Mavic since I got my first FPV quad...

I just drilled 10mm hole in 2 locations in the bottom of the controller, which approximately hit the speaker. Pictures attached. You can be more precise and get it first hit now. The drill damaged the speaker and it is now perfectly silent. What a stupid idea this loud beeping is!IMG_2899.JPGIMG_2901.JPG

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ticoviejo