DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disabled in Massachusetts

MassCoyote

Reactions
Before I spend money on a Mavic Air or Mavic 2 Zoom, is like to get my hands on one to see if I can use it with my physical disability.

I just need to handle the controller and drone. I don’t need to actually fly it.

Is there anywhere near Central Massachusetts that I could handle these two drones?

Not sure what the extent of your disability is, so here’s a thought.
You could go to any hobby shop and check with those people to see if they know someone that has that setup. Might be someone there. Or see if they could direct you to the help you are looking for. Any remote control clubs in your area?

Reactions: Rcough
Not sure what the extent of your disability is, so here’s a thought.
You could go to any hobby shop and check with those people to see if they know someone that has that setup. Might be someone there. Or see if they could direct you to the help you are looking for. Any remote control clubs in your area?
Or just handle it all in the drone store. They should have display models out.

Reactions: MassCoyote
Maybe he doesn’t have a drone store.
Not one in my hometown.

A lot of Targets, Walmarts and Best Buys carry these. One controller is pretty much like the other, so it doesn't really matter which iteration of Mavic they might have. They'll be locked up in a case but you should be able to get an employee to help you.

I’m not mobile at the moment but, hopefully when the weather gets warmer... I can re-visit this possible purchase.

Thank you everyone!

Where are you located? I am currently in Florida but reside in Millbury, MA. I have the Mavic Air. If you're not mobile just curious where you plan to fly?

I’m in Shrewsbury and probably would start out at the local parks. I already checked with the police department and they said as long as I follow FAA rules, I’m all set.

Not mobile because I’m not currently walking. Hopefully will be having surgery soon to fix a leg.

The purchase of a Mavic would be a con

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty