DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

disabling brief screen freeze after taking a picture?

I just tested my Air 2s and there is a slight freeze but so quick it is hardly noticeable. In fact, if I were not looking for that specifically, I doubt that I would have seen it.
That's strange. Depends on which mode you're shooting in, but when in AEB, I get about 3 seconds of freeze-frame after taking a photo on the Air 2S. on the Air 2 the delay is much less noticeable, but there is still at least 1 second of freeze video.

What shutter speed are you using? A faster shutter speed may help. The DJI Drones seem to stop transmitting image during the period when they are imaging and writing a still picture.

whaaaaaat? i think i had/have this happen with all of my drones. Are you sure? it's not a long freeze, maybe half a second or so. I take a picture,
Are you shooting dng or jpg stills?
I shoot moving subjects out on the water and need to use AEB to cope with tricky exposure situations.
I've tried shooting dng, but abandoned that because the camera takes too long to write the files and prevents shooting while that's happening.
Shooting jpg solves that issue and allows rapid repeat shots and still gives me and my clients great high quality images.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Thanks for your suggestion. I used to use a FPV camera on my Inspire Raw but the image quality was terrible. Do you have any suggestions for such a camera with a decent quality?

Are you shooting dng or jpg stills?
I shoot moving subjects out on the water and need to use AEB to cope with tricky exposure situations.
I've tried shooting dng, but abandoned that because the camera takes too long to write the files and prevents shooting while that's happening.
Shooting jpg solves that issue and allows rapid repeat shots and still gives me and my clients great high quality images.
Hi there, I am shooting Raw but I have tried Jpeg to see if the freeze would stop but it didn't ....

Thanks for your suggestion. I used to use a FPV camera on my Inspire Raw but the image quality was terrible. Do you have any suggestions for such a camera with a decent quality?
No, but I will ask my son (later this month) what he uses on his home built FPV drones. The image quality was quite acceptable. You may want to use one that uses the 900MHz band to help avoid interference with the 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz control and video from the DJI.

I used to use a FPV camera on my Inspire Raw but the image quality was terrible.
Do not use FPV camera to take actual footage, they are used for flying racing drones where low latency is crucial, not to record video. Analog FPV cameras will have bad quality, DJI O3 unit in the other hand has 4K onboard recording and Full-HD goggle quality.

Do not use FPV camera to take actual footage, they are used for flying racing drones where low latency is crucial, not to record video. Analog FPV cameras will have bad quality, DJI O3 unit in the other hand has 4K onboard recording and Full-HD goggle quality.
The reason I suggested a camera used on small FPV racing drones is just to use it to guide the aircraft. Pretty sure the OP understood that. Some of the earlier cams were very grainy in appearance, but quality has improved over the last few years in the image sent to the pilot. Either goggles or auxiliary screen.

@waterproofvideo I feel your pain. I wish I had a fix. I deal with this all day, every day.
I photograph cell towers with the Mavic 2 Pro. My drone is set to orbit the tower and take photographs every two seconds.
What the DJI program is doing is showing a preview of the shot just taken leaving only a split second to see live feed. It seems like such an easy feature to be able to opt out of. DJI could ask, "Would you like to see a preview every time a shot is taken?" Yes/No
I can predict where the drone is going to be, but my tower isn't going to change positions like the waves and people you're filming.
I'm not sure if the Mavic 3 addresses this or not. I don't think so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piggybank292003