DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disaster.. Please Help

Both my wife and I were surprised. And we’ve been testing these babies out around the horses. The platinum pro is about half as noisy as the mini and it’s not that it’s that much less loud that the 2, which I find it to be a little bit quieter than the 2. It’s more like it doesn’t have the same sharp crack of the props that the M2pro has. Like when you have to make a more sudden or stronger turn. Stock props on all machines by the by. I have a decibel meter. I’m sure someone else has already done it but I’d still like to see my results. It’s like modifying your car and your buttdyno says it’s good but really you only got a couple extra hp outta the deal. Perceptions.

Last edited:
Reactions: bzmot
Sad story. No State Farm here in Florida. They abandoned us after a hurricane awhile back. Had em for 50 yrs. I use care refresh and a GetterBack over water.
Yes, on eBay saw drone only. But only about $200 less than new bundle. Remote, batteries, all separately.
Hope DJI cooperates. Best of luck there.

or dive
State farm still does business in Florida you can get that policy in Florida.

****, that really sucks... Sorry to hear that. That is one of my biggest concerns everytime I launch my drone in the air... I also fly over water a lot, and I've been attacked by birds but luckily they didn't make contact with my mavic mini. I'm in Canada and there is no insurance like State Pharm, or else I would get that 100%. I'm literally at the mercy of luck, because there is no reasonable insurance policy that covers the drone (only 1 I found was almost 50% of the price of my mavic mini for 1 year lol).

Hope DJI treats you well

That really sucks, sorry that this happened. As others have said, get the State Farm policy, it not only pays out in the event of a non-recovery (doesn't have to be water--could get lost deep in the woods) but it will pay out if you loose it due to theft, fire, flood, etc. You might also want to consider drone recovery devices like Getterback and Drone-retriever which can help you recover a drone lost in the water.

DJI will offer you a discount (like 15% off) for a new replacement, or you can get a new one from Ebay.

BTW, did the bird hurt?

State farm still does business in Florida you can get that policy in Florida.
How? Help, No State Farm homeowner policies in Florida. How can I get a drone policy without home? Auto insurance maybe? I have the same State Farm agent but it’s now a Citizens policy that will not cover personal property.

Nice location. Like your side too.

Last edited:
How? Help, No State Farm homeowner policies in Florida. How can I get a drone policy without home? Auto insurance maybe? I have the same State Farm agent but it’s now a Citizens policy that will not cover personal property.

Nice location. Like your side too.
I called them and they do offer personal articles polices in Florida.
1. Google a state farm agent near you.
2. Call him up and tell him you would like to apply for a personal articles policy.
3. Write him a check get policy.

2. Call him up and tell him you would like to apply for a personal articles policy.
Just found out. Thanks.....Insuring 3 on Monday, such a relief

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I can say here in New Mexico I called a local State Farm and told them I had heard on a forum that they would fully cover a Mavic Air 2 for $60 per year.
The agent I talked to had no idea about insuring drones and she told me she'd get back with me.
A couple hours later I was fully covered (even if lost, stolen, etc) for $60/yr with no deductible (and I have no other policies with them)...thanks forum!

Ugh. Joined the Forum this morning and the weather cleared up decided to go for a flight. Long story short my drone was struck out of the air by a larger bird and somehow it fell 30ft into the lake. Unrecoverable.. I have DJI Replacement but i have heard that you need to have the actual product. Any suggestions or comments or help or anything would be greatly appreciated.

I heard a story, this is all hear/say, went something like this, a guy was flying over water and was or near restricted airspace or something of that nature and the Drone either auto landed or shutoff and went into the water. I dont know the details but the end of the story was DJI replaced it.

Yeah, I was going to say I live in Florida and have DJI Care Refresh and State Farm.

DJI for damage and since I fly off boats in the of the Gulf of Mexico all the time, State Farm for that.

DJI care package is a ripoff. I was following my Airboat making a video and for reasons unknown it took a dive Blue Cypress Lake. DJI said too bad!

personally I feel if the drone malfunctions and you can show it in the logs it should be warranty, forget refresh.

personally I feel if the drone malfunctions and you can show it in the logs it should be warranty, forget refresh.
That’s pretty much what they do but whether the logs clearly show it is a different matter.
In some cases they may and in other cases they might not.
Do you think DJI should just replace any droneThat crashes? Whether it’s pilot error or not? That would increase prices for all of us.

That’s pretty much what they do but whether the logs clearly show it is a different matter.
In some cases they may and in other cases they might not.
Do you think DJI should just replace any droneThat crashes? Whether it’s pilot error or not? That would increase prices for all of us.
Did I say they should replace all crashes? I said if the logs show drone failure. If you take off and your drone does a nose dive and crashes you can bet your ... that dji can read the logs and see what went on. If its pilot error then thats when insurance or refresh comes in. That said not having drone is also a cop-out on djis part again they know from logs if the drone crashed or didn't. Not arguing stolen or lost thats where stetefarm needs to kick in, or 'suck it up buttercup if you don't have it.

Did I say they should replace all crashes? I said if the logs show drone failure. If you take off and your drone does a nose dive and crashes you can bet your ... that dji can read the logs and see what went on. If its pilot error then thats when insurance or refresh comes in. That said not having drone is also a cop-out on djis part again they know from logs if the drone crashed or didn't. Not arguing stolen or lost thats where stetefarm needs to kick in, or 'suck it up buttercup if you don't have it.
Many times the data from the logs is inconclusive.

Ugh. Joined the Forum this morning and the weather cleared up decided to go for a flight. Long story short my drone was struck out of the air by a larger bird and somehow it fell 30ft into the lake. Unrecoverable.. I have DJI Replacement but i have heard that you need to have the actual product. Any suggestions or comments or help or anything would be greatly appreciated.
How deep is the lake .. maybe you can get a diver/snorkler to retrieve it?? Or drag for it w. treble hook and line??

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki