DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disaster.. Please Help

After contacting Dji they seem cooperative and am sending them the flight info today.
That's great news. keep us informed, if DJI starts covering proven crashes without the drone that makes Refresh a much better deal.

Being I am a retired SF Agent, I dont think their policy would cover mechanical failure without an insuring covered peril, like fire... That would suggest that you still need DJI.
No but if it's non user error mechanical, then your warranty should cover it.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Ugh. Joined the Forum this morning and the weather cleared up decided to go for a flight. Long story short my drone was struck out of the air by a larger bird and somehow it fell 30ft into the lake. Unrecoverable.. I have DJI Replacement but i have heard that you need to have the actual product. Any suggestions or comments or help or anything would be greatly appreciated.
30 ft deep or 30 ft from the shore ?

Hey guys tons of helpfull replies im super gratefull for all the information. Update as of today Dji requested all flight info and everything it seems like they are being super cooperative and i will have to wait 3 to 5 days for them to review the flight info and see what their verdict is. In other news the area i lost my drone was close enough to shore for my small aluminum fishing boat to journey too. I went out with a few friends last night it was calm and it quickly turned on me but we made it to the island the depth was roughly 5 feet stretching out to 16 feet. We scoured the shore and all areas around the island while we battled the waves but found nothing. Lake superior in thunder bay ontario is an angry lake haha. But i feel better having checked for it incase it just got washed up onto shore. Ive put a kijiji add out for divers with the pictures of location it crashed and depth ranges offering a 500 dollar reward for finding it. Ill post all updates here. Thanks for the support.

Reactions: Air_Deo
The island in question is a nesting ground for seagulls and there were also some crane type birds and eagles not far from aswell

So you're not quite sure what type of bird. Seagulls can be very aggressive but my bet is on the Eagle -- don't think the Crane would molest a drone but I could be wrong.

Brian

Reactions: DillyDrones
“Water kit” is just my nickname for my stuff to recover a drone turned submarine. The “Getter Back” device image is attached. It is $40 from Amazon. There are a number of products that will float a drone, many of them being essentially styrofoam pontoons. Those are not in my repertoire: they are too non-aerodynamic for my taste. The inflatable kayak btw, is in a carry bag about half the size of a golf bag and weighs about 20 pounds, I.e., pretty manageable and, imho, worth the minor hassle should I ever need it.
That is great to know thank you.
Hey guys tons of helpfull replies im super gratefull for all the information. Update as of today Dji requested all flight info and everything it seems like they are being super cooperative and i will have to wait 3 to 5 days for them to review the flight info and see what their verdict is. In other news the area i lost my drone was close enough to shore for my small aluminum fishing boat to journey too. I went out with a few friends last night it was calm and it quickly turned on me but we made it to the island the depth was roughly 5 feet stretching out to 16 feet. We scoured the shore and all areas around the island while we battled the waves but found nothing. Lake superior in thunder bay ontario is an angry lake haha. But i feel better having checked for it incase it just got washed up onto shore. Ive put a kijiji add out for divers with the pictures of location it crashed and depth ranges offering a 500 dollar reward for finding it. Ill post all updates here. Thanks for the support.
Thanks for the update, I hope things work out in your favour! Keep us posted.

Im sorry to hear that you lost your drone. I fly often around giant condors here in Cali and always worry about getting whacked or attacked. I dont antagonize them, but still. As far as drone only, I just got a replacement platinum pro from DJI for the refurbished price. No controller or battery or even props. Drone only, cost about $800 shipped and once the case was cleared I got the drone shipped to me in a week. Looking back, I wish I would have bought the air 2 fly more for a little more, but I digress, I love how quiet the Platinum pro is.

So no, as far as your question goes, I haven't actually had good luck with the dji refresh program, but i did send them my video of my fly away towards alcatraz. Not my fault, have telemetry and audio of me going wtf...but still no freebie here. And looking at others suggestions of insurance from state farm, I'm going to look into it.

No controller or battery or props and still $800. That is steep. $1000 gets you a M2Zoom, sometime with all the accessories.

Reactions: aokusman
Yeah. But I already have a M2Pro and the platinum pro is sooooo quiet. In hind sight there are few different purchases I’ve made recently that would’ve been different had I done them in a different order.

Reactions: bzmot
Yeah. But I already have a M2Pro and the platinum pro is sooooo quiet. In hind sight there are few different purchases I’ve made recently that would’ve been different had I done them in a different order.
Oh yeah? Do you find it less noisy than the Mavic 2?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi