DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Discharging batteries

If I purchased the ISDT Discharger, how would I connect to the Mavic 2 battery?
I made an adapter to connect to my ISDT discharger. Discharger for MM.jpg. I didn't have the connector in my box, so I sacrificed one plug on my XY multi charger and soldered it to an XT60 connector that fits the discharger. Quick test check of operation; 5amp draw, 15 minutes froom 4 to 3 lights. This will work for me, as it will drain to 3.7-8.
Hope this helps. Enjoy your flying.
RIP Kobe :(

Reactions: pelagic_one
Does anyone offer an auto discharger for the Mavic Mini for storage purposes? I know the iSDT FD-100 is used by some other RC folks with different planes/cars/helis etc, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't offer the correct adapter for the Mini's batteries.

Other than discharging the batteries down to 40-70% by charging your phone, or by flying your quad (sorry, I hate the term Drone), does anyone know of any company who currently offers an auto discharging device?

Does anyone know of a similar device currently in beta or any stage of development? This would be very attractive to the market if some enterprising engineer would design such a device. I have an EE, but zero time to take on a project like this. The challenge would be to get the appropriate physical interface to work as a plug and play device.

Anyone??

Reactions: raulmavic
You don't need to discharge Mini batteries for storage. These are Li-ion, not Li-pos.

You don't need to discharge Mini batteries for storage. These are Li-ion, not Li-pos.

What do you think about this DJI advice ?
The Mavic Mini intelligent Flight Battery cannot discharge automatically. If the battery will now be used for more than 10 days, it is recommended to discharge the battery manually until the battery level is between 39% and 75%
Extracted from manual Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_en_1.pdf (Page 20 )

What do you think about this DJI advice ?

Extracted from manual Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_en_1.pdf (Page 20 )

For long term storage, ie, months, yes. But if you're using them more frequently than that, no. With li-pos, they need to be stored at reduced charge even if they're unused for a few days.

For long term storage, ie, months, yes. But if you're using them more frequently than that, no. With li-pos, they need to be stored at reduced charge even if they're unused for a few days.

Ok. I understand you.

Take into account I only have a Mini battery. I´m afraid I need to take extreme care of it.

In my case I'll keep storing battery at 40-60% even for a single day. Maybe when spare batteries arrives I'll get more careless ;)

R.

Ok. I understand you.

Take into account I only have a Mini battery. I´m afraid I need to take extreme care of it.

In my case I'll keep storing battery at 40-60% even for a single day. Maybe when spare batteries arrives I'll get more careless ;)

R.

I have several other drones that use Li-pos and learned the hard way that keeping them at 40% to 60% between uses is absolutely critical. I ruined several Li-pos early on keeping them topped up between flights because I never knew for sure when I was going to get an opportunity to get out to fly.

However, I've also been using 18650 Li-ions in other devices for several years and my experience has been that it doesn't matter if they're stored between uses at full charge for short periods. Of course, like any rechargeable battery they eventually lose capacity. I just recently had to retire the first two 18650's I got three years ago. They still worked but after hundreds of charge cycles they simply didn't last long enough anymore.

As you point out, it doesn't hurt to store them at 1/2 charge. As that article points out, with Li-ions, it's actually just as important at what temperature they're stored and also that you not store them with too low of a charge. (This also applies to Li-pos).

if you have a fully charged MM battery that needs to be discharged to a storage level then just put one only in the hub and then plug your phone or other device or even your controller into the USB port and it will discharge it ,dont leave all three in the hub as then it discharges them down one at a time after they are really low dont leave them unattended during the discharge process as you dont want the to get down to less than 50% for storage
I am happy that Dji lets us use charge hub as power bank but its crazy that they would design it so it discharges batteries to 0% one a at the time. Maybe MM batteries do not mind being completely discharged ? Are those Lipo's ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder