DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Discovered a work around for people with older NON 64bit Android tablets

jimmybonsaville

Reactions
Hey guys. Ive taken lots of information from here in the background. So now its my turn to repay the favour.

I use my drones for commercial work and i sometimes need a HDMI output for client monitoring. In the past with my P4 Pro I have successfully used a Nvidia Shield but upon buying the MA2 realised it was no longer supported because wasn't 64 bit. No problems as i have an Ipad to use also...however I need an Android solution for an older version of Pix4d mapping software. Ive been searching high and low but just haven't been able to nail it down. Seems tablets dont come with HDMI out these days!! I searched high and low for solutions and had totally given up and been using a Chromecast solution...not great but something.

Anyways... I also have a Mavic Mini 1 and seen a post on here someone mentioned it was supported by Litchi. I had Litchi on the old Nvidia Shield Tablet so thought id update it. Whilst updating i remembered the it wasn't 64bit so almost turned it off. Anyways i just thought id try it to see what happens. MAGIC The Mavic Mini 1 was actually working perfect!! Now i remember this was also using the New DJI Fly app...so I wonder if it would work with the Mavic Air 2. I downloaded the latest Beta and BOOM It worked!!!

Its VERY functional!! It also has FPV features if you want to use goggles!! Not all the features are currently implemented but its a real working solution if you have an older tablet like me...or need HDMI without buying the Smart controller!

Hope this helps! I was VERY surprised!

Reactions: Yogi053
Can you tell us what cable did you use ?
I have an nvidia shield tablet and a mini 2 with the new update from litchi it should be able to connect but I can’t find a suitable USBC to micro usb cable to connect the old tablet to the new remote 😵‍💫

Hey guys. Ive taken lots of information from here in the background. So now its my turn to repay the favour.

I use my drones for commercial work and i sometimes need a HDMI output for client monitoring. In the past with my P4 Pro I have successfully used a Nvidia Shield but upon buying the MA2 realised it was no longer supported because wasn't 64 bit. No problems as i have an Ipad to use also...however I need an Android solution for an older version of Pix4d mapping software. Ive been searching high and low but just haven't been able to nail it down. Seems tablets dont come with HDMI out these days!! I searched high and low for solutions and had totally given up and been using a Chromecast solution...not great but something.

Anyways... I also have a Mavic Mini 1 and seen a post on here someone mentioned it was supported by Litchi. I had Litchi on the old Nvidia Shield Tablet so thought id update it. Whilst updating i remembered the it wasn't 64bit so almost turned it off. Anyways i just thought id try it to see what happens. MAGIC The Mavic Mini 1 was actually working perfect!! Now i remember this was also using the New DJI Fly app...so I wonder if it would work with the Mavic Air 2. I downloaded the latest Beta and BOOM It worked!!!

Its VERY functional!! It also has FPV features if you want to use goggles!! Not all the features are currently implemented but its a real working solution if you have an older tablet like me...or need HDMI without buying the Smart controller!

Hope this helps! I was VERY surprised!
Any chance you were able to test this with a mini 2 or air 2s?

Can you tell us what cable did you use ?
I have an nvidia shield tablet and a mini 2 with the new update from litchi it should be able to connect but I can’t find a suitable USBC to micro usb cable to connect the old tablet to the new remote 😵‍💫
This is what I use: