DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Display problems

bill1950

Reactions
Hi, I posted this on another thread but I think I didn’t articulate the problem well so thought I would try again with screen shots. I have had this happen several times now, I was flying at a beach, our RC flying field, my neighborhood and other locations when I would get a screen like this. Unfortunately I was not recording video at the time. This afternoon I was able to grab some screen shots. The blurry objects on the screen is a stand of trees. I did not have a filter on, it was about 4:30 in the afternoon. As you can see sunny day. I tried to snap a photo but it did not register and instantly cleared it up. Other times I would move the gimbal up and down or yaw and it would clear. Really at a loss. I talked to someone in customer support and they had me recalibrate the gimbal, compass and IIMU and told me to fly it and try to grab some screen shots. Today was the first time in days the wind was good enough to launch. Any help will be more then appreciated.

The Mini2 is around 5 months old and 12.5 hours of flight time.

Attachments

• 2C65B22B-0647-4216-8667-FA94E8C437A4.jpeg
    2C65B22B-0647-4216-8667-FA94E8C437A4.jpeg
    35.7 KB · Views: 26
  • CA2F1685-951C-4345-9303-9A8EF7201937.jpeg
    CA2F1685-951C-4345-9303-9A8EF7201937.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 1C435E40-B0D5-4586-A6FC-B5B4657AD30F.jpeg
    1C435E40-B0D5-4586-A6FC-B5B4657AD30F.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 87AAF9E2-736E-49BD-868B-EE7554B29119.jpeg
    87AAF9E2-736E-49BD-868B-EE7554B29119.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 5F7FAE33-D5E4-495F-954F-043770E7B3CC.jpg
    5F7FAE33-D5E4-495F-954F-043770E7B3CC.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 26
Looks like an RC to Device cable connection mishap to me. Are the recorded footages show the same glitches?

Looks like an RC to Device cable connection mishap to me. Are the recorded footages show the same glitches?
It DOES sort of look like a video signal connection problem of some kind. The screen capture images are a little too small to tell.

Last edited:
Not sure it’s the cable. a few months ago this happened to me while using my iphone x with a different cable. I posted larger images hope this helps

It's difficult to diagnose such problems via the internet, but to me--it's not an RGB (cable) problem.
Looks like the either the video processor or camera itself is failing. Could be heat related (what were the flying temps)?

It's difficult to diagnose such problems via the internet, but to me--it's not an RGB (cable) problem.
Looks like the either the video processor or camera itself is failing. Could be heat related (what were the flying temps)?
Pretty much in the mid 80’s with med to high humidity. if it is the camera do you know how the warranty and replacement is with DJI. I also have Care on it.

What do images recorded on the sd card look like? If they are the same as the screen shots, then for sure is either the camera or video processor...or a cable connecting the two.

Reactions: pommy and jmbsmt63
Unfortunately I wasn’t taking video for any of the problems yesterday when it occurred. I went to snap a photo of it, I clicked it and the photo didn’t record. I’m going out today and try and take some video and some panoramas and see if it will have a recorded evidence.

Make sure WiFi is turned off too. I’ve seen them exact same artifacts have Wi-Fi on and it kills your signal

Make sure WiFi is turned off too. I’ve seen them exact same artifacts have Wi-Fi on and it kills your signal
Will do. I have had wifi turned on and my phone as a hot spot. I will turn it off and see. I have to try to figure to get a map loaded of the area I want to fly.

Just a few thoughts, in no particular order:
Delete then reinstall the Fly app (always DJI's first step when diagnosing and works a lot of the time!!), substitute a different cable between phone and controller, and review pictures and video recorded on the SD card. If the images on the SD card are like that, the camera is shot.
How is the video taken on the phone/tablet's camera? ...just using the device as a camera/video, not through any app just to rule out any possible display trouble on the device?
I pads/IPhones are bad in the heat with the new app VERY susceptible to overheating and your issue might be an indication of that...They usually just "black-out" if too hot but who knows.

Last edited:
Will do. I have had wifi turned on and my phone as a hot spot. I will turn it off and see. I have to try to figure to get a map loaded of the area I want to fly.
Really not that important to have a map in this circumstance...Many other "navigation tools" to help see the drone's location

Really not that important to have a map in this circumstance...Many other "navigation tools" to help see the drone's location
True, will delate and reinstall app and keep WiFi off and record several flights and see what the results are. It is somewhat intermittent and will make several flights to see if I can replicate the problem. But with any luck this will resolve the problem. I am going out this afternoon to our flying field where the problem has occurred a few times and will give it a go. Scary to fly out there, some of our RC pilots have some pretty large gassers so will be out there dodging and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise