DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

distance vs altitude affect on signal

stberlin

Reactions
in this video, the mavic air is limited by its remote signal, thus only climbing up to 1,400 ft ...while the phantom 4 pro at 1,600ft

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I can fly my MA beyond 3500ft or about 1km away without losing signal, even at 5.8ghz

I've never tried flying above 400ft, but why would I lose signal above 1,500?

The antennas on drone radiate the weakest signal upwards and downwards. DJI do not recommend you fly drone directly overhead. Occusync of Pro is a stronger more reliable signal than wifi on air.

Reactions: stberlin
so instead of standing next to this radio antenna, the guys on the vid should've flown from a starting point a lot farther away...

but do you think having a directional antenna like the 4 hawks can make a difference? I have the setup but haven't tried flying that high.

so instead of standing next to this radio antenna, the guys on the vid should've flown from a starting point a lot farther away...

but do you think having a directional antenna like the 4 hawks can make a difference? I have the setup but haven't tried flying that high.

No, I would think the directional antenna would make it worse. You never get gain for free. If there is gain, then the antenna becomes more directional. I guess you could point the 4 hawks antenna at the drone directly above you. If you did not, the situation would be worse than default antenna

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ