DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ditched my Mavic 2 Zoom, ordered the Mavic Mini

Yep, me too... M2Z is gone. I like the compactness of the mini and the video and picture quality suits my needs.

I got a good laugh at you comment. I just have to be the party pooper about the, “makes short work of people you strongly dislike” comment...?

The Global Hawk can’t carry ordnance. For dealing with those people you’re going to need the much smaller Reaper or Predator. ;)

That is valuable intel. You do not know if those two come with the ground crew included by any chance?

• Haha
Reactions: Jedi5150
I love my mini, I know it’s not a proffesional drone but it does have a lot of potential and is great fun to fly, the only thing I can’t stand is the terrible signal range here In the uk.

I can barely get out 60m distance and 50-60 m height before signal disconnects and it auto returns to home. I’ve only had a few flights in my large local park, and nature reserve area which is in a built up area, but I would expect it would go a hundred metres before any issues. I can see why they limited the quick shot distances now.

Il eventually head out to more rural spots, but for now flying locally it’s a real shame and frustrating , that i have to keep it close like a Childrens rc Quadcopter.

I live in the Uk, in my local park surrounded by 100’s of houses I can get 300m out. Out in a more rural setting I’ve had it out 800m..... are you sure yours is ok?

You should look into getting a RQ-4 Global Hawk to top things off, now that's a big drone. It also makes short work of
people you strongly dislike...

Make sure that you get the Fly More Combo with the carrying case...

I doubt very much that DJI (aka China) would even let you unlock their No-Fly zone for this bad boy.

I live in the Uk, in my local park surrounded by 100’s of houses I can get 300m out. Out in a more rural setting I’ve had it out 800m..... are you sure yours is ok?

Interesting to hear thanks, thats impressive, I don’t know if I’m pointing my controller antenna wrong or what, but I’m going on what the manual sais, and trying different angles. Do u think the cold weather affects range?

I’ve just seen a YouTube video of manually adjusting the WiFi to 5.8 ghz which might help for urban areas, as our European ce drones have much shorter range than the fcc version.

Great little drone, just for mine the range is horrendous where I am.

When I fly the mini it makes me appreciate the Zoom even more. Wind is not as much an issue with the M2Z as is with the MM.
Still great fun to fly though.

If you can live with the downgrade, more power to you ?

I am not sure why you would down grade, or sell your #Mavic 2 - thats a sold drone mate! I think you're going to be a little disappointed but I could be wrong. You will not be able to fly nearly as far or high and the quality of pictures will not be nearly as good! I guess it all depends on what you want out of drone. Just remember with this new Mavic Mini one good gust of wind and bye bye Mavic mini and thats a fact! This is happening to a lot of people b/c they think they can fly them like the Mavic Pro or like your Mavic Pro2 and ya cant. Enjoy either way and safe flying..
Thanks for saying it all, I have all dji drones, 1st Mavic, Mavic2pro, p4p, cost so much, main thing Camera

Hope your not to disappointed, just do not get poeple who sell their investment,if newer drone is better I could understand we can only fly one at a time, each camera from each dji drone takes different pictures, I still like p4p pics over my Mavic2pro, personal preference, plus I live in the country so I like to fly way out, so the mini would not cut it, hope it works out.

I truly hope you are satisfied with your choice of the Mini. As was already stated “to each their own”. Worse case scenario is that you find you don’t like the Mini and you simply make another choice!??

I have a P4 that I flew for about a year or so and then bought the Mavic Pro Platinum. Fortunately I never sold the P4 because my MPP is in for repairs and the P4 is being used as a backup. However I never really flew the P4 after I got the MPP. It just sat in its case.

Now I’m planning on buying a M2P which will most likely keep the MPP grounded once I get it back from DJI. Why am I even paying to have it repaired? My own logic escapes me! ?

The more I think about it, the more sense your choice makes. Best of luck to you sir! Keep us posted.

Reactions: BossOlive
Just make sure NO WIND when flying that Mini drone. Tons of posts showing up on the Mini getting blown away.
I'm sticking with my Mavic Pro thanks.

No wind is extreme. I've had no issues in moderate to brisk winds.
But I don't recommend winds above 20mph or so unless in controlled conditions.

recently obtained my MM as a present,was not really in the market for one ,as my MPP does everything i need from a drone,but i can honestly say i have been blown away (not a wind joke)by how it performs ,and it is the perfect companion to my MPP, when i get to fly now i have a choice on what to fly ,the little fella is great for close low level filming and is so easy to control in tight spaces i have flown it through woodland between trees and it gets into some really small areas that i would not put my MPP into, i dont post stuff on line or do editing so absolute picture quality is not important to me, i only video in 10-80p 30 fps on both my drones ,as i have found that on my computer ,that gives me the best playback we all have different needs from our drones and the MM will be perfect for many people

The Mini will work phenomenally for me on motorcycle trips. One of my good friends brings his Mavic Pro on our rides, but as small as it is, it still takes up a fair amount of real estate on a motorcycle, especially with all the other camping gear. The Mini will be incredible for this role, and I can't wait to use it.

Reactions: old man mavic
Just make sure NO WIND when flying that Mini drone. Tons of posts showing up on the Mini getting blown away.
I'm sticking with my Mavic Pro thanks.
hi, my first test-flight was in my garden and the wind was blowing at 25mph. No problem for the MM! cheers, Paul

Last edited:
Reactions: BossOlive
What display device are you using to fly in the tight spaces you mentioned above?
i have a 6th gen 9.7 32 g wifi i pad its the one i use for my MPP i use the same mount in both controllers TDW cables

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147