DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DIY Battery Energy Conversion Cable

inGearX

Reactions
looking at this "USB Car Charger + Energy Conversion Cable For DJI Mavic Pro"

USB Car Charger + Energy Conversion Cable For DJI Mavic Pro/Phantom 2 3 4 - intl

I guess it's a matter of figuring out which connector is + and - and you can draw 12V ?

let's do it :)

any advice?

thank you ....

PS

is it really a matter of connecting two wires? or is it more complex?

can someone with a voltage meter test it now please?

UPDATE:

kind of dumb to make a $100 battery that powers a $700 aircraft into a power bank that can be purchased for $15 on a promotion ...
and I have anker (btw not so good as they used to be)...
well one practical example - is because when we are hiking in mountains for a few days ... and Mavic will not fly on a low battery ... I think when it is 15% or less ... I am carrying batteries which could be used - ESPECIALLY in case of an emergency - if you need to charge a phone - to call for help or notify loved ones that you are caught in a rain for another day and your are OK...

this is just one example ... there are dozens of other ones you could think of ...

this could be useful to know ...
essentially all you would need is 2 wires and a $2 12v USB car charger to charge anything that charges from a USB ...
so to recap - this is more of knowledge / setup for an emergency ... or those many day hikes and you need some USB power ...
and there is no need to pay $20 for this

Last edited:
Why would you intentionally deplete the life and performance of your expensive drone battery?

when you can buy a cheap portable battery pack. Like anker or aukey.

Why would you intentionally deplete the life and performance of your expensive drone battery?

when you can buy a cheap portable battery pack. Like anker or aukey.
good question ... and I agree ... kind of dumb to make a $100 battery that powers a $700 aircraft into a power bank that can be purchased for $15 on a promotion ...
well one practical example - is because when we are hiking in mountains for a few days ... and Mavic will not fly on a low battery ... I think when it is 15% or less ... I am carrying batteries which could be used - ESPECIALLY in case of an emergency - if you need to charge a phone - to call for help or notify loved ones that you are caught in a rain for another day and your are OK...

this is just one example ... there are dozens of other ones you could think of ...

essentially all you would need is 2 wires and a $2 12v USB car charger to charge anything that charges from a USB ...
so to recap - this is more of knowledge / setup for an emergency ... or those many day hikes and you need some USB power ...

Last edited:
good question ... and I agree ... kind of dumb to make a $100 battery that powers a $700 aircraft into a power bank that can be purchased for $15 on a promotion ...

Good thoughts

Though, do keep this in mind

Mavic battery is 3,830 mAh

15% remaining

3830 * 0.15 = 575 mAh

Also, we know that batteries are rarely ever as specified.
You can easily knock off 5% from the 3,830

Making it 3,640
Of which 15% is 545 mAh

Not much considering an high end android or iPhone 7s is approx 3200 mAh

But yes, in an emergency, even 500 mAh can help.

But if that's the case, get this:

Anker 3500 mah. The size of a lipstick

maxresdefault.jpg

thank you

but 15% is when you fly to the very last juice

often times I would have 30% .. left

but in the mountains when you need some batteries if 2 wires could save you that would be great to know (by charging your phone to call for help....)

on closer look the battery to 12V out
or battery to USB

the connector seems to have many connections

so it's not that simple as two wires ... or perhaps to drain just a few cells ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato