DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DIY sunshade provided free with every Mavic!

Rangerdave

Reactions
Hi everyone, I'm sure someone somewhere has done this already, but thought it was worth sharing anyway!
Had my Mavic nearly a month now and loving it, weather has not been very friendly, so my spare time has been taken up with kitting it out for when it gets better!
Made a sunshade for my K1 tablet which works very well, and while making plans for a smaller one for use with my S7 smartphone, I noticed that DJI has unwittingly already supplied us with one, check out the short video I made of how I did it!

Clever, yes! It begs the question: What might a stiff piece of cardboard, a pair of scissors and a creative mind come up with? Like say, for something the size of an iPad mini?

Funny, My Mavic didn't come with that covering my instructions..

Good in a pinch but it just gets in the way to much for my liking, Tried it myself but it just feels to awkward to me and I can't control the sticks that good with it on. But if you are on a low budget it would do I guess. And hats off for coming up with that idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rangerdave
How are you satisfy with that bag for mavic, i was looking that on aliexpress and seems to be best for combo kit? Still try to sell my original witch i never used and buy like yours.. could you make video how do you pack that bag, and how easy is to pull mavic out and fly.. tnx

..be fRee and fLy..

How are you satisfy with that bag for mavic, i was looking that on aliexpress and seems to be best for combo kit? Still try to sell my original witch i never used and buy like yours.. could you make video how do you pack that bag, and how easy is to pull mavic out and fly.. tnx

..be fRee and fLy..

To be honest, it is not a good fit!
The foam it quite stiff, which is not really the problem, but the Mavic it too much of a squeeze, when folded the lower rear arms and motors are pressed in way too much for my liking, so much so, I have taken a knife to it and cut away quite a bit of material.
It is also not easy to pull the Mavic or batteries out, and I will be continuing my search for the best bag option, as I really need it to also hold a bridge camera and spare batteries (no extra lenses) a tablet, gopro style sports camera and accessories!

Good in a pinch but it just gets in the way to much for my liking, Tried it myself but it just feels to awkward to me and I can't control the sticks that good with it on. But if you are on a low budget it would do I guess. And hats off for coming up with that idea.

I agree, it does get in the way a little, depending on your style of flying, but as you say, it is quite usable at a pinch!

Tnx for advice.. they are preaty cheap but like a suitcase style over top loaded.. and will try with that, because i am always for modifications:)

..be fRee and fLy..

Hi everyone, I'm sure someone somewhere has done this already, but thought it was worth sharing anyway!
Had my Mavic nearly a month now and loving it, weather has not been very friendly, so my spare time has been taken up with kitting it out for when it gets better!
Made a sunshade for my K1 tablet which works very well, and while making plans for a smaller one for use with my S7 smartphone, I noticed that DJI has unwittingly already supplied us with one, check out the short video I made of how I did it!

I threw out my carboard. Can you trace an outline of the one you used, then maybe add some simple dimension so I can make one? Thanks, Peter

I threw out my carboard. Can you trace an outline of the one you used, then maybe add some simple dimension so I can make one? Thanks, Peter

Might be easier just getting measurements from your own mobile device on a piece of card, it's not rocket science, or as some others have done, by using the inside dark card from the battery packaging if you got the FlyMore kit, both would be easy to do!

Genius

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair