DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Djerdap Gorge - Iron Gates

Great to see these scenes of Serbia. You timed the cuts well. You could create a lot more drama flying at lower altitudes, closer to features and landforms, and mixing up the composition between cuts. There should be noticeable movement in transitions. Creative use of the gimbal is the easiest way to capture cinematic video clips. Straight down shots, reveals, etc.

Reactions: NeVeN
Great to see these scenes of Serbia. You timed the cuts well. You could create a lot more drama flying at lower altitudes, closer to features and landforms, and mixing up the composition between cuts. There should be noticeable movement in transitions. Creative use of the gimbal is the easiest way to capture cinematic video clips. Straight down shots, reveals, etc.

Thank you very much for the detailed tips. As they say, a man learns while he is alive. Thank you very much. Best regards.

Hi Neven,
the area is fantastic and I also like the smooth and slow way of flying! ??
At 0.30 one can see a large sculpture on the rock. who is that?
cheers Paul

Hi Neven,
the area is fantastic and I also like the smooth and slow way of flying! ??
At 0.30 one can see a large sculpture on the rock. who is that?
cheers Paul
Thanks a lot Jack43. (Paul)

The film was made on the river Danube on the border between Romania and Serbia. The sculpture is located on the Romanian side. It is a sculpture of DECEBAL, he is the last king of DACIA who was defeated by the Roman emperor TRAJAN. By the way, he is the national hero of Romania.

More info: Decebalus - Wikipedia

The film was made on the river Danube on the border between Romania and Serbia. The sculpture is located on the Romanian side. It is a sculpture of DECEBAL, he is the last king of DACIA who was defeated by the Roman emperor TRAJAN. By the way, he is the national hero of Romania.
Hi Neven.
you´r welcome! Tahnks for the additional info about the hero of Romania, interesting story!
cheers Paul

Thank you very much for the detailed tips. As they say, a man learns while he is alive. Thank you very much. Best regards.
I love that we have so many forum pilots from all over the world sharing their videos. I liked your Beauty of Serbia edit on YT.

I believe it’s important to learn, document and practice a variety of cinematic moves to use when filming aerials. Executing slow sweeping turns, gimbal and other combination moves is a lot easier with settings adjustments. Research cinematic drone moves on YouTube, document/practice the ones you like so when you visit epic locales, you’re ready. Flying at lower altitudes, closer to features, structures and landforms provides that parallax 3D perspective wow factor. A wide variety of compositions and moves provide content for a good edit. Review your clips in post and anticipate what you could have done to improve on the clip.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom