DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Affiliate Program?

Peregrine

Reactions
What does any of this mean? I haven't signed up for any post-Mavic purchase nonsense, and this just baffles me. Received earlier via email:

Dear Affiliate,

We regret to inform you that your commission rate has changed to 4%.

Since you did not choose your affiliate type before May 31, 2017, the date mentioned in the previous notification, your commission has now changed to 4%. However, your commission rate will be restored if you choose your affiliate type. Until then, orders placed through your affiliate links will receive a 4% commission rate. Please select an affiliate type via the DJI Affiliate Program website to restore your commission rate.

To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Log in to the DJI Affiliate Program at https://u.dji.com/en/begin_promotion with your DJI account.
  2. Move your cursor over your account name to show a dropdown menu and select Profile.
  3. Select your affiliate type and complete all other necessary information.

You can select the following affiliate types: website content, blogs, community forums, affiliate networks, and KOLs. Members under consideration will receive their results via email within three business days.

Thank you for supporting us through the DJI Affiliate Program!

Regards,

DJI Affiliate Program

Reactions: NewDroneFan
It means that you're getting 4% cash money every time there's a sale from that default affiliate.
Money from nothing...that ain't bad!

Reactions: Peregrine
Oh right. Thanks. I don't think I'll be making a fortune and sailing off to Mauritius just yet then :rolleyes:

Reactions: Kestrel
I haven't found a plain English explanation of how the program works.

It appears that DJI will send you a banner ad you can put into your web site (if you have one); when people click the ad, an embedded link takes them to DJI's site. If they buy a product there, you get credit in your DJI account that you can spend for... DJI products, of course!

The agreement was hard to read - written in small light grey type on a light colored background, so you'll have to use the link to download a pdf version that's black on white.

I'm also not smart enough to interpret these two actions you cannot do:

"(3) promote through the search engine marketing channels which include but not limited to, Google, Baidu, Yahoo, Bing, etc.;
(4) promote through any “jump link”, of which refers to an intermediate website or web page directly jumps to the DJI official website, with no other click link;"

For now, I'm sitting on the sideline and watching...

This is how the majority of blogs make their money.. You can be an affiliate for dang near any company: ebay, amazon, and on and on... People get rich doing this. I took a course on it, but eventually figured out that to make any kind of real money, it really has to be your only job.. Your ultimate goal is to get highly ranked by google and be on the first page of a google search for a product your selling, and that is real real tough. Google has an algorithm in which they "rank" pages. You have to have a very well written blog with lots of stories and stuff. BUT, one can make good $ doing it. if you could get on that first page on a search of drones and you have links to drone companies, people will click on the those links and they will buy stuff. 4% is pretty standard. It's called Affiliate Marketing.

There's one at the bottom of this page.. right now it's for the Spark. If someone clicks that link and ultimately purchases something (anything) the folks that run this forum will most likely make 4% or so from the sale. So if you ever want to buy something off of the net, it would be better for MavicPilots if you clicked a link located somewhere on this site. You don't pay anymore for it, but the site makes a little off of the sale to pump back into the site :)

...if you click my link and order something I will get 5% of the cost of your order in dji credit.

I think the original question was why Peregrine's affiliate commission rate decreased to 4% from the standard 5%. A lot of aspects of their affiliate program are a bit murky. I interpret their affiliate agreement to mean that you only get DJI store credits that aren't redeemable for actual money. That would be very unusual, to say the least, in this or any other industry. (Can you confirm if that's really the case?)

Their agreement also prohibits the promotion of any "heresy or superstitious belief" or any conduct that "disrupts the social order," so I knew right away it wasn't for me. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom