DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Air 2S cracks

Oman

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello
Just wondering how many people are experiencing cracks on the frame at the pivot point for the front arms
Thanks oman

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: projectarjun
I haven’t experience any yet, but I’m a bit worried now, could it be a bad batch? Or is this going to become another Phantom 2/3 propeller arm
crack thread? :(

It happened to the Air 2 as well, people sent them back and some people added skins. Similarity between the airframes I would conjecture, perhaps DJI miscalculated the load for that area of plastic. FWIW I haven't heard of any of the cracking propagating to the failure point as of yet...

@Oman I searched youtube but did not find any videos of stress cracks on the Air 2S. Lots on the Air2. I will keep an eye out on my Air2S though. Thanks for the heads up!! I did not know this had been a problem for them, but it seems quite common on some other models.

Reactions: bassnbeau
None here

Reactions: TonyPHX
@Oman I searched youtube but did not find any videos of stress cracks on the Air 2S. Lots on the Air2. I will keep an eye out on my Air2S though. Thanks for the heads up!! I did not know this had been a problem for them, but it seems quite common on some other models.
I have an Air2 - 1.5 yrs old and no cracks that I've seen. Could have been a bad batch of plastics ./ etc.

Would not go beyond just checking on occasion.

I have a MA2 for almost a yr and a half. Zero cracks. IMHO it could be how people unfold their arms with a snap. I'm very careful and slow about how I unfold the arms, as well as the placement of the battery during inserting. I never snap it in, never, I always depress the buttons and insert slowly due to the fact there's no metal on the fusesides only plastic there.

Could it be that you are not supporting the drone when you insert the battery? That would cause stress in that exact area. I hold mine when I put In a battery for that very reason.

Reactions: Oman
I have a MA2 for almost a yr and a half. Zero cracks. IMHO it could be how people unfold their arms with a snap. I'm very careful and slow about how I unfold the arms, as well as the placement of the battery during inserting. I never snap it in, never, I always depress the buttons and insert slowly due to the fact there's no metal on the fusesides only plastic there.
I've heard of it happening when people fail to unfold the propellers before engaging the motors, also.

I've heard of it happening when people fail to unfold the propellers before engaging the motors, also.
That would be a self inflicted crunch. : ). Given that plastics eventually get brittle, I suspect it could also be a temperature thing. Extreme heat, extreme cold, etc. They don't make em like they used to!

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato