DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 DJI Air 2s range test with the smart controller

I have never understood the purpose of range tests.

Reactions: tlswift58
the purpose is to see how far the remote controller can work. I usually do it on the river where there are not cars or people around.

the purpose is to see how far the remote controller can work. I usually do it on the river where there are not cars or people around.
VLOS? Just asking as so many seem to think it does not pertain to them. I think we all stretch the VLOS requirement a bit, as most would never fly more than 50 yards or more (depending on location - flat open terrain versus wooded mountains) - yet pushing well past 2 miles helps to create some of the more stringent rules WE ALL have to deal with.

SAFE FLYING!

Reactions: macoman and GFields
VLOS? Just asking as so many seem to think it does not pertain to them. I think we all stretch the VLOS requirement a bit, as most would never fly more than 50 yards or more (depending on location - flat open terrain versus wooded mountains) - yet pushing well past 2 miles helps to create some of the more stringent rules WE ALL have to deal with.

SAFE FLYING!
I fly safe, It's over open water... no people, cars or buildings around... complete desolate area.

Reactions: Carter Newton

SAFE FLYING!
Why are on earth do you think they make these drones capable of flying long distances? They have geo fences for airports etc. The drone is a machine and does not know the difference between 50 yards or 3 miles. VLOS? Why bother with a camera and screen?

Reactions: macoman
It's the challenge. Why do people climb a mountain? They might get hurt or even lose their life. So, it's a bit of a 'rush' to fly out and back successfully because you're pushing the envelope (the rules), the machine, and your skills.

So, here we are again.
  • Rules? We don't need no stinking rules.
  • I know what's safe and what isn't without the FAA meddling.
  • I know it's wrong, but it's fun and besides, I want to do it.
  • And the classic, "Hey! Watch this!"
Yawn.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinstonH