DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Air 2s - Zoom on still photos

Sicapp

Reactions
Hi, Is it possible to use a digital zoom for still photos like on the Mini2?
The A2s is well publicised for the various zoom in video, but I can't find anything on photos.
Also, is it possible to change the resolution for photos? I cant find anything?
Thanks

No , you cannot use the Zoom on Photos as of yet.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2S in the Rain.
Thanks, I was afraid that you were going to say that. I'm always using the zoom in the Mini 2 for building survey photos. Even at 2x it is very useful.
I was hoping that the A2s would have a decent still zoom based on the video zoom capabilities.
I presume it could be a firmware upgrade?
Thanks

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Thanks, I was afraid that you were going to say that. I'm always using the zoom in the Mini 2 for building survey photos. Even at 2x it is very useful.
I was hoping that the A2s would have a decent still zoom based on the video zoom capabilities.
I presume it could be a firmware upgrade?
Thanks

That may be one of those new perks for the Mavic 3 is what I really think is going to happen as its been a requested by many. Including myself and I was not even aware you could use it on the Mini 2 so thats interesting . Thank you

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you DJI in the Rain.

Thanks for sharing!

In a pinch, you could shoot video at whatever magnification you like, and then do a screenshot after downloading. A little clumsy and limiting, but it works.

I don't understand why you would want to do this when you can just do it in post. I mean, there is no optical zoom and photos use the entire sensor so any zooming would be digital interpolation just like when you crop an image in Photoshop or whatever.

Good point. I was just thinking outside the box. ??‍♂️ If using an iPhone, a zoomed-in screenshot allows you to utilize the absolute entire screen. However, when you share it, it doesn’t work that way.

I don't understand why you would want to do this when you can just do it in post. I mean, there is no optical zoom and photos use the entire sensor so any zooming would be digital interpolation just like when you crop an image in Photoshop or whatever.
I often zoom in when flying, just to see what I am actually looking at or what a post crop may look like before I actually do it. After that, I can zoom out and record footage, while knowing what my post shot cropping will actually produce.

Reactions: Sjkieffer and Dbez1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78